Happy Thanksgiving, eh!

james on bass

• Members

What is this all aboot?

Due to freezing weather, we must harvest a month earlier than you more temperate weathered Americans. We remind ourselves of how the first nations people took early explorers in, fed them and healed their illnesses with said harvest in early October.

• Members

Due to freezing weather, we must harvest a month earlier than you more temperate weathered Americans. We remind ourselves of how the first nations people took early explorers in, fed them and healed their illnesses with said harvest in early October.

I see my attempt at Canadian accent humor failed.

But on the other side, I never knew that that was why they were on different days/months. That was informative.

• Members

I see my attempt at Canadian accent humor failed.

you left out the "eh?" and optional "hoser?".

these are the only things that clue the canucks in that someone is making fun of them.if you leave those out, they think you have a serious question.

:poke:

:)

• Members

you left out the "eh?" and optional "hoser?".

these are the only things that clue the canucks in that someone is making fun of them.if you leave those out, they think you have a serious question.

:poke:

:)

How to speak Canadian. :D

[YOUTUBE]8nQzOo6t_l0&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

Just finished puttin' the left overs away, had a couple of Canuckleheads buddies over and we drank beer, watched football and baseball and ate turkey and fixin's and pumpkin pie. The deep south is full of Canadians, drives my poor neighbours nuts. Weather was lousy though, rained the whole weekend. Last year we went to the beach before dinner. Drives the family back home nuts.

Living and working here, I've lots to be thankful for, and I get to do it all again in 6 weeks.

• Members

n691468129_824889_5314.jpg

Okay, so I've started.

Here's the pie crust for the pumpkin pies. The extra piece I'm going to bake and put cinnamon on as an "Is it ready yet, is it ready yet, is it ready yet?!!!" shush-er. ha ha.

I'm thankful my Grandmother taught me the family recipe for pie before she passed away. I'm baking these pies today and am missing her as I often do while baking. I can almost hear her whisper instructions in my ear as I roll the dough and pat it into shape.

• Members

n691468129_825324_9510.jpg

Started the stuffing. Turkey was stuffed with homemade croutons, sage, Thyme, Onion, and garlic.

n691468129_825331_1405.jpg

Spiced rum Yams with a brown sugar crackle are done. :thu: I was going to do them more savory, then I had an idea to dump in some rum, nutmeg and cinnamon on them. Pretty tasty so far. I haven't tried them with the brown sugar yet.

I'm listening to this right now. I am thankful for great music and am thankful for being a musician. What a great life I have. :)

[YOUTUBE]ow4y61l13_k[/YOUTUBE]

Le traiettorie delle mongolfiere - Gianmaria Testa

Archived