what musical toys are on your Christmas list?

jonathan_matos5

• Members

I have one of those Porta-a-stands. It's great and use it all the time. One bit of caution, though. The grommets for the shoulder strap are really cheap. Mime pulled out after the first week. The company is good, though, and sent me a replacement. Those grommets went south fast, too.

I put my own 1/2" brass gommets in and it's been solid ever since.

• Members

I'm pretty set. I did get a cool little URB playing dude made out of steel & copper bits welded together from the wife to tide me over until my real gift gets here at the end of Jan (no clue what that is going to be!). We exchanged gifts last week (I got her a Fujitsu T4220 with most every upgrade).

I do have a Maxon compressor I need to pay for... if the dude hasn't sold it yet.

• Members

sure hope you weren't naughty
:eek:

I doubt I will get any of it. She got tired of me asking for socks and ammunition, so I gave her a pretty big list with items from 20 to 3000 bucks. She called from the music store because I had accidently put 4001 on the list. Those are the Paul McCartney and some other 3k+ bass. She sounded like she would get one if I wanted it, but I kinda pushed her away from that, I would feel a little guilty. If she does get me a ric or a bongo I think the guilt might fade pretty quickly.

• Members

None. Sadly, I'm way too picky to let others choose my gear.

GF bought me a very nice double gigbag for my birthday though.

I buy some for junior though, a different instrument every year.

This time it's a kalimba, diatonic model so he won't hit wrong notes. :)

Archived