If you don't own it, you are a DOLT!

lug

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
My brother (his name is
not
John) hipped me to this, dude. I haven't had time to listen but he says all the older CDs are remastered and sound much much better than the originals.

remastering for CD's usually means they're compressing the hell out of it...sound wise, not data wise.

Usually, not always. :D

Vinyl rules!

• Moderators
I am seriously stunned, Isaac.
:(

No money when I was young. I picked up "And Then There Were Three" cheap, and wasn't impressed. A friend played something by Genesis for me once. Again, not impressed. Didn't grab me. Never bought any more, nor have I felt any desire to do so.

• Members

one of the best albums ever ever recorded.... i listened to it today, i have it in CD and vynil.... jesus christ, such an absolutely immaculate piece of music, it's hard to believe.

Today you rise above the mere common forumite to take you place on high as the SSSM (Supreme Sampler of Sublime Music) of this august body of fine gentlemen and ladies. Congratulations sir, I salute you.

• Members
Surprisingly there are different opinions on music at large on this forum.

Say what you will about PC, but his a good drummer and drummers are our friends... and I simply adore his knitwear.

Yay.

Phil is indead an excellent drummer, more in writing unique parts than in technical ability (thouh he's certainly no slouch there either) but he did lead Genesis down the road to much more pop-friendly, sales oriented songs. For that alone, he deserves to be imprisoned on a room where my MP3's are being played 24/7. :mad:

• Members

he did lead Genesis down the road to much more pop-friendly, sales oriented songs.

that isn't all bad.... they taught me a bass solo fits beautifully in the pop genre

[YOUTUBE]yjpSoEOUgKE[/YOUTUBE]

and that synth could be a good thing at times

[YOUTUBE]3BriIprFg-Y[/YOUTUBE]

Even in the height of the real sappy pop stuff, they had some ok stuff

[YOUTUBE]Yq7FKO5DlV0[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

I especially like it when the bass player gets someone else to play the bass whilst the drummer gets someone else to play the drums for him! :mad:

:D

I actually do like a couple albums after PG left, up through And Then There Were Three

• Members
I especially like it when the bass player gets someone else to play the bass whilst the drummer gets someone else to play the drums for him!
:mad:

sure with 3 guys doing more than most 5 piece bands... :poke:

Phil usually plays some drums live and Mike does double duty with Bass and Guitar :p

• Members
sure with 3 guys doing more than most 5 piece bands... :poke:

Phil usually plays some drums live and Mike does double duty with Bass and Guitar
:p

I know, I've seen them 3 or 4 times. I'm just pulling your chain. I wouldn't make Phil listen to my MP3's, honest. :D

Archived