I KNOW I'm annoying..... I don't need

poomwah

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

oh my god... Mary Ann just called from work... she's doing an overnight shift... anyway... I told her what happened... and how if it wasnt over an hour away that I would have gone back and returned it right then... Her response..."I get out of work at 8:30 int he morning, be ready"

and she's going to bring up some other stuff that we've been told by people there.. for instance... they cut refund checks once a week. Mondays. which means that they won't even cut the check until next week... well, someone there had told us "well, they COULD have cut you a special check when you were there instead of waiting"

guess we'll see. and if it doesn't go well, guess I'll email Chuck and see what happens

• Members

It's brown here too/gag. But my next sandwich from Primo will be their fresh roasted beef. Mmmmm, I can't wait.

white bread for deli
:rolleyes:
savages.......

I miss real roast beef, the red kind that turns the inside of the hard roll pink :]

• Members

I'd be back at their mother{censored}ing counter ASAP and getting a refund. "Oh, am I ANNOYING you? Oh, now I have to pay a RESTOCKING charge? Well, doesn't say anything about that on my receipt, so if you don't refund ALL of the money, AMEX will, and they'll charge you back."

Christ on a crutch I hate bad service. I hate douchebag wiseass sales people more. See how
annoying
it is to not have job, dickwad.

:thu:

• Members

I completly agree with you. New means un opened and plastic sealed

Period.

they argued about it being new, and said that the scuffs on the foot pedal were probably from "they probably just demo'd it and weren't careful with it"

so , is it just me? or is that admitting that it was probably abused?

• Members

to be told that I am... especially not by someone selling me something. I bought a pod xt live last night. Before I left the store I noticed the box had been cut open, and retaped. I opened it up and saw that the bags inside the box had been opened and retaped as well.

I asked the salesman if they open them and inspect them. He said "no" that there'd be no reason for it to be opened and I must be mistaken. you could see where the original tape had been but, including the razor mark down the length of the inner box. I asked if it was possible that it was a return, and he profusely explained that no matter what, ALL returns wind up being demos and cannot be sold as new. Then annoyed with me, he asks "what, so you want another one". So they bring out another one, set it on the counter and disappear.. Turns out this one was opened too. I figure it must just be the way they are there.

So I go home, get up today, open it up, and there are marks on the foot pedal, scuffs and what not, that look like they are from someones foot. the protective film over the display had already been removed. I called to ask what was up. Different guy this time, he says that it was probably a demo at one time, or a return, and that items returned in satisfactory condition are re-sold "as new". I told him what the other guy said, he asked who it was I told him the name, and he says "oh no, he's my friend, he wouldn't lie like that" I told him about the attitude the guy had about my wanting a NEW one last night, and he tells me "well, in all honesty, you are picking nits and its pretty annoying, he was probably having a bad day and you annoyed him" TOO SAGETTING BAD... 300 dollars for something, I want it to be NEW. If I wanted a used one, I'd save the money and buy a used one.

damn em

that {censored} would be getting returned tomorrow.period.

you need to go in with receipt and list of names in hand and ask to speak to the manager.

when the manager comes out say " i'm returning this item because (insert douchebag's name you talked to on the phone) told me i was nitpicking and being annoying when i voiced concerns about this pod being used"."i'd like a refund."

there's no telling what went on with that pod before you bought it and there are too many good companies out there hurting for your money to put up with b.s. like this.

what establishment was this, btw?

• Members

BTW, I never implied "kicking the door down....demand they get fired" as you've written. I don't scream and yell.

I took the previous statement you made to be one of anger and not calm reserve. Caps generally implies yelling and throwing in the swears before the counter comment made me think that you would intend to enter the building in a harsh and angry way. The comment about the employee not having a job was taken as you intending to make sure he didn't have one. I guess I misread you. It happens.

'Where I come from' is from having sold music gear to people for many years. Clearly Poomwah's store had floor models and the place I worked didn't so my experiences as a sales person don't really matter. Different scenarios.

From the 'me as a customer side', I open the product up in the store and try it out before I bring it home. Especially if I'm going to spend a bunch of money on it. I give it good once over before I purchase it. If it doesn't reach my standards, I don't purchase it. I certainly don't drive an entire hour home first. What if he got home and there was a factory default? It happens. Not having someone in the store go over it once before it hit the floor, no one would have known. What if it was broken in the box? Then he might have warranty issues.. was it broken in the store was it broken when he got it home???Did he break it? Can it be called Customer abuse? A salesman can't make that call. It would have to be driven back to the store and kept on premise until the rep came by... ahh yuck. What a headache.

Anyway, I'm not condoning their behavior. I wouldn't go back there again if I were him either. But I would caution being more careful with a purchase in the future. buyer beware, folks. Check the policy, check the product before you buy anything and all y'all will save yourselves a lot of headache. If it seems fishy, walk out.

• Members

they argued about it being new, and said that the scuffs on the foot pedal were probably from "they probably just demo'd it and weren't careful with it"

so , is it just me? or is that admitting that it was probably abused?

It is admitting it was tried not necessarily abused.

Dude, I have put back a box because it had a dented edge and got a new pristine box....

I will not buy a dented can of anything.

• CMS Author

I took the previous statement you made to be one of anger and not calm reserve. Caps generally implies yelling and throwing in the swears before the counter comment made me think that you would intend to enter the building in a harsh and angry way. The comment about the employee not having a job was taken as you intending to make sure he didn't have one. I guess I misread you. It happens.

Simple misunderstanding, no worries. The caps was more about phrasing emphasis....think Jack Nicholson in his best moments.:evil:

• Members

It might be a guy thing....Sloppy seconds type of thing

I don't look at it as a guy thing, or a sloppy seconds thing... I look at it as a matter of principle.

If you tell me "well, this has been used lightly" then ok, I know what I'm getting and I have the choice. or if you tell me "this has had the living {censored} beat out of it" again, I have the choice. Hell I've bought some pretty beat up basses before. Hell, I've bought cars so bad that noone could believe I bought them... BUT... I KNEW what I was getting.

if something is sold as new... it should be. if its mildly used, it should be sold as used, etc.

its not like guitar center where everything available is out on the floor where you know its getting messed with. we are talking about things that were on the warehouse shelves of sweetwater waiting to be shipped out. one of the supposed advatages of shopping at sweetwater is because you get "new untouched" products, not things that have been beat on.

and its not "just stuff" its electronic equipment that might not be as reliable now. I've bought from GC, got my thunderbird there, and I knew a dozen people had played it before me... that was fine, BECAUSE I knew it.. there were no illusions about it, no lies.

• Moderators
there's no telling what went on with that pod before you bought it and there are too many good companies out there hurting for your money to put up with b.s. like this.

what establishment was this, btw?

+1. I'd like to know, too, although the code you used (send a check) indicates SW.

• Members

I don't look at it as a guy thing, or a sloppy seconds thing... I look at it as a matter of principle.

If you tell me "well, this has been used lightly" then ok, I know what I'm getting and I have the choice. or if you tell me "this has had the living {censored} beat out of it" again, I have the choice. Hell I've bought some pretty beat up basses before. Hell, I've bought cars so bad that noone could believe I bought them... BUT... I KNEW what I was getting.

if something is sold as new... it should be. if its mildly used, it should be sold as used, etc.

its not like guitar center where everything available is out on the floor where you know its getting messed with. we are talking about things that were on the warehouse shelves of sweetwater waiting to be shipped out. one of the supposed advatages of shopping at sweetwater is because you get "new untouched" products, not things that have been beat on.

and its not "just stuff" its electronic equipment that might not be as reliable now. I've bought from GC, got my thunderbird there, and I knew a dozen people had played it before me... that was fine, BECAUSE I knew it.. there were no illusions about it, no lies.

I know...I agreed with your stance earlier..

I was telling Sugarskull How I felt

you know what?>>>>>>>>> you are annoying!

LOL:lol:

• Members

It is admitting it was tried not necessarily abused.

Dude, I have put back a box because it had a dented edge and got a new pristine box....

I will not buy a dented can of anything.

I was thinking abused because he said that they probably werent careful with it.

I'm usually like that with boxes too. This one was double boxed. The tape broke easily when I opened it, didnt even need a knife. I guess they did though. You don't like dented edges, mines got a gouge all the way across the top of it from where they cut through the outer carton

• Members

I know...I agreed with your stance earlier..

I was telling Sugarskull How I felt

you know what you are annoying!

LOL:lol:

I know I'm annoying, and I know you were telling sugarskull how you felt... in response to that, I was telling sugarskull my thoughts on it. sorry, meant for it to be an addition to what you said, not as a retort.

• Members

+1. I'd like to know, too, although the code you used (send a check) indicates SW.

yeah, it was sweetwater, maybe I should email Chuck and tell him that I can buy a used speaker on HCBF and get better service than buying from sweetwater :wave:

• Members

This was Sweetwater??????

Oh holy hell. Dude, call and ask for management.

remember the problem I had getting that check that they promised would be here in two days and it took over a week.. I called then and the manager just made excuses and told me things like "well, they could have done this, they could have done that" told me that they didnt lie when they told me the check would be here in two days because they COULD have actually sped things up and got it to me that fast, but they just didn't.. SO obviously, the managers don't give a {censored}

• Members

I was thinking abused because he said that they probably werent careful with it.

I'm usually like that with boxes too. This one was double boxed. The tape broke easily when I opened it, didnt even need a knife. I guess they did though. You don't like dented edges, mines got a gouge all the way across the top of it from where they cut through the outer carton

I cant deal with {censored} like that. It must be some kind of OCD.

I ordered myself 2 Distrortion boxes recently. A digitech Bass Driver and a Bass Big muff.

I kept them in their boxes when I wasnt trying them out. Rewraped the them both in their plastic sleeves when putting them away. kept them each in the shipping boxes in their manufacturers boxes and out of the way when I wasnt trying them. When I played them I sat them on a towel on my table and activated the foot switch by hand so I wouldnt mark the one that I wasnt going to keep.

I like to keep my things in like new condition.

I have played the {censored} out of my Ric for the last 8 years. there are a few signs of that but it is as close to out of the box as you can get...

• Members

hell, the last time I talked to a manager at sweetwater about an issue, the told me the "secret" to dealing with them. "there are certain people here who can do a better job than others. When I was in sales I told all my customers to only deal with me because I could do things that others couldnt. Make sure you deal only with mark from now on because he can make the sweetwater system work for you"

WTF??? shouldn't a business have a system that works for you no matter who you deal with?

• CMS Author

hell, the last time I talked to a manager at sweetwater about an issue, the told me the "secret" to dealing with them. "there are certain people here who can do a better job than others. When I was in sales I told all my customers to only deal with me because I could do things that others couldnt. Make sure you deal only with mark from now on because he can make the sweetwater system work for you"

WTF??? shouldn't a business have a system that works for you no matter who you deal with?

Fool me once, shame on you.

Fool me twice, shame on me.

• Members

If it was cut up and clearly looked abused, why did you buy it? Why did you take it home? Why didn't you look at it thoroughly before you drove an hour home?

Again, I'm not condoning the behavior of the sales dudes, but why have you allowed yourself to be in this situation? How can you possibly prove that it wasn't you who put the big knife gouge in the top of it now? It's simply your word against theirs.

Archived