I KNOW I'm annoying..... I don't need

poomwah

• Members

to be told that I am... especially not by someone selling me something. I bought a pod xt live last night. Before I left the store I noticed the box had been cut open, and retaped. I opened it up and saw that the bags inside the box had been opened and retaped as well.

I asked the salesman if they open them and inspect them. He said "no" that there'd be no reason for it to be opened and I must be mistaken. you could see where the original tape had been but, including the razor mark down the length of the inner box. I asked if it was possible that it was a return, and he profusely explained that no matter what, ALL returns wind up being demos and cannot be sold as new. Then annoyed with me, he asks "what, so you want another one". So they bring out another one, set it on the counter and disappear.. Turns out this one was opened too. I figure it must just be the way they are there.

So I go home, get up today, open it up, and there are marks on the foot pedal, scuffs and what not, that look like they are from someones foot. the protective film over the display had already been removed. I called to ask what was up. Different guy this time, he says that it was probably a demo at one time, or a return, and that items returned in satisfactory condition are re-sold "as new". I told him what the other guy said, he asked who it was I told him the name, and he says "oh no, he's my friend, he wouldn't lie like that" I told him about the attitude the guy had about my wanting a NEW one last night, and he tells me "well, in all honesty, you are picking nits and its pretty annoying, he was probably having a bad day and you annoyed him" TOO SAGETTING BAD... 300 dollars for something, I want it to be NEW. If I wanted a used one, I'd save the money and buy a used one.

damn em

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Things get tried out in a store. It's a fact. You're going to have to accept that it will always happen. At least you know that it is in working condition. Chances are if they tried it out and it didn't work they would have sent it back already.

Have you ever picked up a bass in a shop and it instantly plays really well? It's because probably 50+ other people have already broken it in for you. I'm sorry it isn't like TV or computer sales. That's just the way it is. I'm sorry they were mean about it.

• Members

to be told that I am... especially not by someone selling me something. I bought a pod xt live last night. Before I left the store I noticed the box had been cut open, and retaped. I opened it up and saw that the bags inside the box had been opened and retaped as well.

I asked the salesman if they open them and inspect them. He said "no" that there'd be no reason for it to be opened and I must be mistaken. you could see where the original tape had been but, including the razor mark down the length of the inner box. I asked if it was possible that it was a return, and he profusely explained that no matter what, ALL returns wind up being demos and cannot be sold as new. Then annoyed with me, he asks "what, so you want another one". So they bring out another one, set it on the counter and disappear.. Turns out this one was opened too. I figure it must just be the way they are there.

So I go home, get up today, open it up, and there are marks on the foot pedal, scuffs and what not, that look like they are from someones foot. the protective film over the display had already been removed. I called to ask what was up. Different guy this time, he says that it was probably a demo at one time, or a return, and that items returned in satisfactory condition are re-sold "as new". I told him what the other guy said, he asked who it was I told him the name, and he says "oh no, he's my friend, he wouldn't lie like that" I told him about the attitude the guy had about my wanting a NEW one last night, and he tells me "well, in all honesty, you are picking nits and its pretty annoying, he was probably having a bad day and you annoyed him" TOO SAGETTING BAD... 300 dollars for something, I want it to be NEW. If I wanted a used one, I'd save the money and buy a used one.

damn em

I know where you are coming from there is nothing wrong at all wanting a brand new factory sealed package the sales peeps need to figure that out.

• CMS Author

I'd be back at their mother{censored}ing counter ASAP and getting a refund. "Oh, am I ANNOYING you? Oh, now I have to pay a RESTOCKING charge? Well, doesn't say anything about that on my receipt, so if you don't refund ALL of the money, AMEX will, and they'll charge you back."

Christ on a crutch I hate bad service. I hate douchebag wiseass sales people more. See how annoying it is to not have job, dickwad.

• Members

I'd be back at their mother{censored}ing counter ASAP and getting a refund. "Oh, am I ANNOYING you? Oh, now I have to pay a RESTOCKING charge? Well, doesn't say anything about that on my receipt, so if you don't refund ALL of the money, AMEX will, and they'll charge you back."

Christ on a crutch I hate bad service. I hate douchebag wiseass sales people more. See how
annoying
it is to not have job, dickwad.

The way I feel right now, I would if it wasn't over an hour away... not to mention, they don't give cash refunds... they MAIL you a check :

• Members

Wow, I just don't care about stuff like that. Someone rented my amp before I bought it. No big deal. Lots of people played my custom made bass before I had the chance to get to the store in time. It had a chip in the bottom. They pointed it out to me. No biggie.

It's just stuff, guys. It's not like it will have an effect on your playing capabilities or anything.

• Members

on the flip sode,

i work in a jewelry store. we have a simple return policy that is posted by the register AND printed on every reciept: refunds within 30 days, after that only store credit will be offered. cash/check payments will be refunded by check from the home office.

i had one woman, paid in cash, demand her refund be in cash because "them earrings tore my ears up, i got an allergy, i deserve it" no... you dont.

another woman who paid by check wanted her refund put on her credit card, when i expalined i couldnt, i was told "well you have to, i need the money RIGHT NOW" oh well in that case...

this was followed by a christmass return, about 45 days old, who wanted her money back. told her it was past the limit "only a few days" actually its about 15 days "well i live far away" sorry, that's our policy "you can adjust the policy" no i can't. "rules are made to be broken" uh, no they're not "l i hate this thing, i dont know why my husband even bought it for me" neither do i...

verdict? everyones an asshole

:rolleyes:

• CMS Author

Wow, I just don't care about stuff like that. Someone rented my amp before I bought it. No big deal. Lots of people played my custom made bass before I had the chance to get to the store in time. It had a chip in the bottom. They pointed it out to me. No biggie.

That's cool. Do you like being insulted as well as sold used goods?

An honest explanation, or at least a consistent story sure would have gone a long way to our man poom's confidence that he wasn't sold a scuffed up used box. And I too don't mind used or cosmetically defective gear....if I get a discount for it. You want new prices? Sell me new gear.

• Members

Christ on a crutch I hate bad service. I hate douchebag wiseass sales people more. See how
annoying
it is to not have job, dickwad.

I am not very tolerant of douchebag {censored}tard sales people either.:mad:

• CMS Author

on the flip sode,

i work in a jewelry store. we have a simple return policy that is posted by the register AND printed on every reciept: refunds within 30 days, after that only store credit will be offered. cash/check payments will be refunded by check from the home office.

i had one woman, paid in cash, demand her refund be in cash because "them earrings tore my ears up, i got an allergy, i deserve it" no... you dont.

another woman who paid by check wanted her refund put on her credit card, when i expalined i couldnt, i was told "well you have to, i need the money RIGHT NOW" oh well in that case...

this was followed by a christmass return, about 45 days old, who wanted her money back. told her it was past the limit "only a few days" actually its about 15 days "well i live far away" sorry, that's our policy "you can adjust the policy" no i can't. "rules are made to be broken" uh, no they're not "l i hate this thing, i dont know why my husband even bought it for me" neither do i...

verdict? everyones an asshole

:rolleyes:

Totally OT.....I see you're from philphadelphia. Ever have a sandwich at Primo Hoagies? They just opened one near me. Good Lord, that's some deli.:thu:

• Members

That's cool. Do you like being insulted as well as sold used goods?

I rarely get myself wound up enough to warrant it and I'm not saying our man poomwah did. I already said I was sorry they were mean to him.

As to the kicking the door down and demand a cash refund and demand that they get fired as a kind of reaction... simply from the guys saying:

"well, in all honesty, you are picking nits and its pretty annoying, he was probably having a bad day and you annoyed him"

Seriously?

• Members

If I buy something that has been demo'd I want a discount as its been abused more than likely. Its not going to effect my playing, but it does effect the items value. And possibly its usable life.

I would have given it right back if the guy last night told me I was annoying him... it was the guy on the phone today that told me I was annoying.

I should have known after last time I dealt with the company to stop dealing with them, since they had lied about things before. But I figured, hell , they've got a 2 year warranty on everything, and if I ever have to get service, they're only an hour away. Now I'm realizing the hassle with dealing with them. Imagine the trouble I'm going to have if I ever need them to make good on a warranty claim?

• Members

Totally OT.....I see you're from philphadelphia. Ever have a sandwich at Primo Hoagies? They just opened one near me. Good Lord, that's some deli.
:thu:

Totally OT, but dammit, now I'm even more cranky because I'm hungry. Deli???? Deli!??!?!?! There's no deli around here. I haven't had good food since I left jersey.

• Members

I rarely get myself wound up enough to warrant it and I'm not saying our man poomwah did. I already said I was sorry they were mean to him.

As to the kicking the door down and demand a cash refund and demand that they get fired as a kind of reaction... simply from the guys saying:

Seriously?

I'm not going to throw a fit, or demand anything... it just sucks how nice they are before the sale is final... then afterward they insult you, and you find out they were lying about things... thats all

and that wasn't the only thing... I was told that I was wrong about the box being open, I was given an attitude by two different salespeople, each of which gave me different stories about what their policies really are. The loyalty the guy showed to his friend was touching, but misplaced when he's telling me that his friend would not have lied... clearly ONE of them did

• CMS Author

Totally OT, but dammit, now I'm even more cranky because I'm hungry. Deli???? Deli!??!?!?! There's no deli around here. I haven't had good food since I left jersey.

Dude, this'll really piss you off then....Primo sells THUMANN's deli meats. And real, honest to goodness, crusty, fresh, Italian hard rolls.

This {censored}'s the chronic.

• CMS Author

Seriously?

I'm annoying and the sales guy had a bad day? Yes, seriously I'd cancel any exchange of goods and money. I'm not sure where you come from, but I've done enough work on both sides of a retail counter to know how a customer is supposed to be treated. I'm the nicest guy you'll ever sell something too...I'm patient, I don't demand unreasonable {censored}, I don't spend hours jerking the staff around and beating on the demo's. But don't ever treat me with anything but the same respect I've given you by entering your store with the intention of purchasing your goods. I'm doing YOU the favor of taking my money. Not the other way 'round.

BTW, I never implied "kicking the door down....demand they get fired" as you've written. I don't scream and yell. I don't need to. I only pay in methods that don't put me in a bind if I need a refund, and I would NEVER buy anything if I was treated like crap by the staff. The manager or owner should fire anyone who said what that guy told poomwah. If he doesn't, no problem for me. I'll never set foot in there again.

• Members

Dude, this'll really piss you off then....Primo sells
THUMANN's deli meats. And real, honest to goodness, crusty, fresh, Italian hard rolls.

This {censored}'s the chronic.

oh my god, that reminds me of a super funny story. I went to jersey to visit relatives a WHILE back... took a friend with me, he was born and raised in ohio.

my grandfather had us over for lunch. TABLE FULL of cold cuts, hard rolls, freshly sliced jewish rye, marble rye, sourdough, bagels. My friend leans over toward me and asks "dude, where's the bread?"

LOL, he was looking for a bagged loaf of plain old white bread. wonder style.

I never got over that, LOL

here's an OT bit of trivia for you guys out in PA... did you know that most roast beef out here is brown :[

• CMS Author

oh my god, that reminds me of a super funny story. I went to jersey to visit relatives a WHILE back... took a friend with me, he was born and raised in ohio.

my grandfather had us over for lunch. TABLE FULL of cold cuts, hard rolls, freshly sliced jewish rye, marble rye, sourdough, bagels. My friend leans over toward me and asks "dude, where's the bread?"

LOL, he was looking for a bagged loaf of plain old white bread. wonder style.

I never got over that, LOL

here's an OT bit of trivia for you guys out in PA... did you know that most roast beef out here is brown :[

It's brown here too/gag. But my next sandwich from Primo will be their fresh roasted beef. Mmmmm, I can't wait.

white bread for deli :rolleyes: savages.......

Archived