OT: Ruger says Hi...

georgestrings

• Members

My wife had half of her face torn off my a GSD when she was 11.

That's not an indictment of the breed at all, but whenever she sees one now, she starts to shake and cry. Kinda sucks, because one of my best friends got a GSD puppy and now my wife wont go over there. It's just an ingrained psychological response...

Good looking dog!
C7

• Members
ps... dont' let him eat Louis

DSCF1240.jpg

I doubt he'd bother your pooch at all - I took him to a pet store one time, and one of the workers there had some little ankle biter that got all aggressive towards Ruger - and he just looked at the little thing like he didn't know what to do - hahaha!! Now, if the little mutt had actually sunk some teeth in, I'd *imagine* Ruger would've reacted somehow... I reached down(with a gloved hand), and separated them, while it's owner got her dog under control...

- georgestrings

• Members

My wife had half of her face torn off my a GSD when she was 11.

That's not an indictment of the breed at all, but whenever she sees one now, she starts to shake and cry. Kinda sucks, because one of my best friends got a GSD puppy and now my wife wont go over there. It's just an ingrained psychological response...

Good looking dog!

C7

Well, that certainly sucks - although I can't blame her for feeling that way, given her experience... and REALLY sucks with the situation regarding your friend... Of course, that *could* be your "escape" destination...

Thanks for the compliment on Ruger - how are your two doing these days??? - I hope Linus has healed well - the GF loves the pics you show of him...

- georgestrings

• Members

Sounds like you're doing a great job with training him:thu: (I've seen so many that don't, infortunately, so I like to give kudos when they're due)

Looks like a great dog, and I've always loved the disposition of shepherds.

Thanks - I've worked with him to guard the house, but react towards people like we do - in other words, if someone breaks in, or acts in a threatening manner towards one of us, they're gonna be bumming - otherwise, it's all good... Yeah, I've always dug shepards, too - I AM looking forward to him getting a bit older, and calming down a little, though - hahaha!!! MAN, talk about energy - and he loves to play, play, play...

I've made sure to MAKE the time to give him the direct attention he needs - and I'm sure that'll pay off in the long run, and has already in the short term... I can't stand people that get a dog, and don't give it the attention they NEED - why even get one, then??? Dogs need human interaction on a regular basis - no two ways about it...

- georgestrings

• Members
I doubt he'd bother your pooch at all - I took him to a pet store one time, and one of the workers there had some little ankle biter that got all aggressive towards Ruger - and he just looked at the little thing like he didn't know what to do - hahaha!! Now, if the little mutt had actually sunk some teeth in, I'd *imagine* Ruger would've reacted somehow... I reached down(with a gloved hand), and separated them, while it's owner got her dog under control...

- georgestrings

that sounds like Louis, he's half an idiot at best. He'd see Ruger, then he'd get a mohawk on his back and start barking his head off. he's so stupid like that. A total spaz. I envy Rugers peaceful demeanor. Which, by the way, speaks VERY highly for his upbringing. :thu:
I'm not sure what this says about me though :
DSCF0278.jpg

• Members

Man, this thread is really making me miss my Shepard. We used to have some that we actually trained as search and rescue dogs, they were great. Haven't been in a situation to get a dog in recent years, but the second I'm back in a house of my own, I'm getting a Sheppard and a Lab.

Archived