this may be a stupid question

freedlebeatle

• Members

like the title says, this may be a stupid question, but I was wondering if it is possible to use a talk box with a bass instead of guitar. And if anyone has done this, can you tell me if it is cool or a waste of time?

Sure, I suppose it's possible. But why you'd want your bass to sound like a kazoo is beyond me.

• Members

There was a thread on this a month or so back. Someone piped in with a few technical reasons why it's difficult, but not impossible to do.

Something to do with limited frequency responses of the device and all that. They knew a lot about the inner workings of the talk boxes IIRC.

Sorry, not much help I know, but doing a search (:lol:) might get you some answers.

• Members

like the title says, this may be a stupid question, but I was wondering if it is possible to use a talk box with a bass instead of guitar. And if anyone has done this, can you tell me if it is cool or a waste of time?

not like a talk box that say Peter Frampton uses but my Digitech bass synth Wah can sound a little like it.

• Members

I have an Electro-Harmonix Bassballs pedal which is a dual envelope filter, basically an auto wah, and I really dont like it. I'd rather, If i were to further explore this, actually buy a talkbox, like the one frampton uses with the tube and all. btw... if anyone wants that bassballs id let it go for 30 bucks plus 5 for shipping

• Members

I have one , it will work but for me it's a lot of effort for a little used effect . With a classic talk box it's simply a speaker with a tube on it , you usually use a amp just for the talkbox , cranked is better . So the speaker out to the talkbox (enclosed speaker) the sound pipes through the tube which you usually tie off about an inch or 2 on it's own mic & stand , tube goes into mouth , sound from amp is in mouth , mic picks it up . There is also the Rocktron Banshee which does not require a amps output as it has a built in preamp .

[YOUTUBE]gkryZXYl0LU[/YOUTUBE]

let's rock

[YOUTUBE]aBpSeyk1z4o[/YOUTUBE]

Archived