Black bass thread

fretless

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's a bit late here and I just have overhead incandescent lights... so not great for photo's. Anyways, here's a nice (hopefully) photo of my three black SB's relaxin' on the couch. They have no wine though. :lol:

sbevening.jpg

All are Aria Pro II... L-R (2007 SB-1000CB, late 80's SB Elite II, 1984 SB Black N' Gold restoration project)

• Members
Work in progress.

IMGP7276r.jpg

A Q-Tuner in a Steinie!!!1! Holy that is going to be one bright mofo.

You have to post clips when it's ready, I've been eyeing Q-tuners for ages, I need to hear more clips on them before I can really make up my mind.

• Members
Nah, yours is just crying out to be rocked hard.
:p

Nice bass btw, I hadn't seen a pic of yours before.
:cool:

i have given this thing some lovin... it used to belong to the dude from 30 sec to mars or some {censored}. the pick-up selector was missing, series/parallel switch was bent and wouldnt move, and the bottom where the knobs were was cracked. oh and the whole thing was tagged all over.

i replaced the pick-up selector toggle, replaced the series/parallel toggle with a 3 position to make it series/single(with bass boost, added bass caps as well)/parallel, wet sanded the tagging off the body and tried to polish it up as best i could, and glued the bottom half back together. i also had to find the neck for it since it didnt have one when i got it.

i was thinkin of refinishing it but thought it looked too good all beat up!

Archived