Sort of aquired a Gibson RD artist bass

JnBroadbent

• Members

It sounds like an angry piano. Its got incredible clarity. The effects offer onboard compression, and expansion. You'll want to get extra long scale strings to take advantage of the stringing it through the body. It will sustain for days.

go here, and listen to the song "Dead Calm" for a taste of what its capable of. This was my old band. I know I used it to record that song. Others, not so sure...

:)

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=6463620

• Members

It sounds like an angry piano. Its got incredible clarity. The effects offer onboard compression, and expansion. You'll want to get extra long scale strings to take advantage of the stringing it through the body. It will sustain for days.

go here, and listen to the song "Dead Calm" for a taste of what its capable of. This was my old band. I know I used it to record that song. Others, not so sure...

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=6463620

Sounds sick. I'm thinking this will work for metal just fine. :cool:

• Members

I used to own an RD artist with that finish.

"Angry piano" nails the description of their sound, John Entwistle would have loved them. Really solid fundamental bass tone with the grind of a bass piano string. Maple body and neck make for a heavy guitar but the sustain is incredible. Necks tend to be thick.

My style was progressing toward slap-n-pop and the RD just wouldn't do it. By the time I landed a good six string with the tone of both the RD and s-n-p, I sold the RD. Nothing wrong with the guitar, it just didn't fit my needs in the direction I was progressing.

• Members

Sounds sick. I'm thinking this will work for metal just fine.
:cool:

You shouldn't have a problem using it to make metal.

I used to run it through a Fulltone Bass Drive, a Unibass, a ProCo Rat, and into an SVT/8x10 rig.

It sounds unholy like that. Of course, mine sound better for metal than yours will though... They are both black! :rawk:

However, they are heavier than {censored}, so your back won't thank you... :)

• Members

That sounds awesome! "Angry Piano" is a great word pairing. Love it! :love:

• Members

You shouldn't have a problem using it to make metal.

I used to run it through a Fulltone Bass Drive, a Unibass, a ProCo Rat, and into an SVT/8x10 rig.

It sounds unholy like that. Of course, mine sound better for metal than yours will though... They are both black!
:rawk:

However, they are heavier than {censored}, so your back won't thank you...

You pretty much nailed the metal bass tone for sure.

Luckily, I do not play bass. :lol:

• Members

Rofl. Touche.

Well I don't have to strap on this 12lb behemoth on stage.
:lol:

And your back will thank you for that fact.

If you're using it sitting down when recording, watch out for where the upper bout digs into your ribs while playing. I think I have a permanent bruise there.

Have you ever tried one of the RD Artist guitars?

• Members

And your back will thank you for that fact.

If you're using it sitting down when recording, watch out for where the upper bout digs into your ribs while playing. I think I have a permanent bruise there.

Have you ever tried one of the RD Artist guitars?

I've actually never even heard of the RD artist until I found this one.

Archived