how many people are in your band?

jonathan_matos5

• Members

Both bands I'm in have 4 people - singer, guitar, bass, drums - and that's how I like it... I generally avoid 2 guitar bands and keyboardists - as it's just more to deal with than I care for... After all, alot of great bands have used the same formula and weren't hindered by it - and there's less people to deal with all the way around - less stage space required, less overall volume(typically), less schedules and personalities to accomodate - and more money made per member...

- georgestrings

• Members

Bass

Guitar/Vox

Keys

Drums

That's 4 for me.

We've thought about adding another guitar to handle the lead parts when we play live, but that would make the rehearsal space much tighter and, like georgestrings said, is just another personality and schedule to accomodate. No thanks. We decided to stay a 4-piece.

• Members

since ive been playing with them, my band was at 5, then down to 4 then back to 5 then down to 4 again.

we like 4 even though the lead player would like a rhythm player. the money is better with 4 people.

i would hate having to split a gig 12 ways unless you were playing stadiums.

• Members

We are 8, sometimes 5. I'll explain.

5 full time members. Guitar, bass, drums, keys, and vocalist. We hire a regular 3 piece horn section as often as possible, but sometimes space and/or money doesn't allow for it. We use recorded horn parts for those gigs.

With 8 people in a rehearsal room it sure is difficult keeping everybody focused sometimes. :facepalm:

Archived