my arm hurts. from disco.

Chlo_treacher

• Members

it was worth it though. we did 'car wash' for our performance class on monday. i came in wearing a feather boa, songlasses, spotty tights, shorts and sparkly trainers. it actually made the bass line sound better! still. really painful now. and we've got 'everybody dance' next week. which is the biggest bastard and a 'how to get rsi in under a minute' sort of jobby...:cry:

• Members

it was worth it though. we did 'car wash' for our performance class on monday. i came in wearing a feather boa, songlasses, spotty tights, shorts and sparkly trainers. it actually made the bass line sound better! still. really painful now. and we've got 'everybody dance' next week. which is the biggest bastard and a 'how to get rsi in under a minute' sort of jobby...
:cry:

This is, of course, meaningless.

Without pictures.

• Members

Disco is no fun. Disco endangers the life and happiness of millions. It must stop. We appeal in particular to the youth of today. Stop the madness. There are better things in life.

+1

That octave thing makes me want to heave every time I hear it, not to mention that its hell doing the left hand 1/4 finger clamp. All this given that I experienced it firsthand at college when no one, and I mean no one, wanted to hear rock ................and I was in a rock band!

Sour grapes? Maybe! FO!

• Members

it was worth it though. we did 'car wash' for our performance class on monday. i came in wearing a feather boa, songlasses, spotty tights, shorts and sparkly trainers. it actually made the bass line sound better! still. really painful now. and we've got 'everybody dance' next week. which is the biggest bastard and a 'how to get rsi in under a minute' sort of jobby...
:cry:

I would love to see a couple of pics of that! :lol:

• Members

It could have been worse. Car wash doesn't use the infamous root-octave-octave motto. Now that's hard on the hand.

A few guys, like Francis Rocco Prestia and the dude from the band Foxy, did it well with the fingers, but Kelly Groucutt from Electric Light Orchestra did it extremely well and he used a pick

I hate picks

Yeah, its very unforgiving on my right hand

• Members

Disco is a "gateway music". It often leads to playing other really bad musical styles. It can also lead to bad clothing and hairstyles. There are resources out there for you, Chlo. Get help. Get help, now.

Truer words were never spoken - don't let this be you;

bootsyinred.jpg

;)

• Members

Thank you, Skip. I rest my case.

Please Chlo, for the love of all that is holy, get help now...

get help? with the arm, or from disco?! if its the latter then i cant. its part of my uni course. only on disco for 4 weeks though. its really fun but {censored} me its painful! and to the clothing....haha...yeah...it's bad but when playing it, there's no point in taking it seriously, right?!

• Members

get help? with the arm, or from disco?! if its the latter then i cant. its part of my uni course. only on disco for 4 weeks though. its really fun but {censored} me its painful! and to the clothing....haha...yeah...it's bad but when playing it, there's no point in taking it seriously, right?!

I (we) absolutely have to see some pics of you in disco garb! :cool:

Archived