Got a job!

Flatball

• Members

I haven't been crying about my unemployment woes on here but I've been living on gigs and pogie since last June. Luckily, my band is pretty busy and it's been not too bad. It's been tough finding anything (I'm a programmer geek) but I start Monday and I'm pretty pumped about it.

• Members

I haven't been crying about my unemployment woes on here but I've been living on gigs and pogie since last June. Luckily, my band is pretty busy and it's been not too bad. It's been tough finding anything (I'm a programmer geek) but I start Monday and I'm pretty pumped about it.

Awesome dude. I'm a programmer too and understand how tough it got after most our jobs went oversees and to visa workers.

Congrats!!

• Members

Guys,

Thank you so much for your good wishes. I"m not getting any younger and each time I have to "start over" it gets a little harder. When I was young I made my living as a musician for about 15 years (kinda, sorta). So when I started a family and had to join the "real world" I was WAY behind everyone else. I don't need much. Just give me enough to raise my kids, pay my bills and be able to rock out with my band for however many years I've got left in me.

• Members

SO you've made enough to live on as a professional musician

yet you want to go back to computers?

:fp:

Congrats anyway

Wouldn't I love do do that! I've squeaked by with the gigs and the government aid but the truth is, at my age, I have maybe another 10 years to rock out. Who's going to come see a 65 year old musician rockin' it?

• Members

Wouldn't I love do do that! I've squeaked by with the gigs and the government aid but the truth is, at my age, I have maybe another 10 years to rock out. Who's going to come see a 65 year old musician rockin' it?

I just saw Fleetwood Mac and they kicked my butt!

• Moderators

Guys,

Thank you so much for your good wishes. I"m not getting any younger and each time I have to "start over" it gets a little harder. When I was young I made my living as a musician for about 15 years (kinda, sorta). So when I started a family and had to join the "real world" I was WAY behind everyone else. I don't need much. Just give me enough to raise my kids, pay my bills and be able to rock out with my band for however many years I've got left in me.

I'm with you. I'm looking forward to having a similar thread sometime soon. No leads in sight though.

• Members

{censored}. I'm almost teary right now. I don't post here a ton (I joined in 2006 and haven't hit 700 posts yet).

Thank you ALL for your kind comments. The amount of wine I have had this evening precludes me from saying more at the moment. Thanks again to you all.

Archived