Favorite chorus and/or flanger on bass ?

The Unknown

• Members

Chorus/flanger are pretty different, which do you want? :p

My favorite chorus is the Voodoo Chorus. It's the clearest, most organic sounding chorus I've played. Many chorii suffer from sounding way too digital or synthy... The Voodoo sounds like I'm actually plucking the notes and not using a pedal.

My favorite flanger is the Boss BF-2B. It has a wide range of sounds, can hit the Justin Chancellor sound perfectly, and is probably the only flanger I've liked under $100.

• Members

MXR M-117R Flanger. I've had two (one original from the late '70s and a newer reissue), and it's a great pedal.

If you can find an original '70s Ross flanger, BUY IT. The Ross unit has the '70s/'80s flanger tone. Think 'Rock & Roll Fantasy' by Bad Co., or any vintage Rush, and you get the idea.

• Members

Chorus/flanger are pretty different, which do you want?

On the contrary, the two effects are very closely related. I would even contend that any chorus pedal worth its price would be able to pull off somewhat of a flanging sound with the right settings, and the opposite is true as well. Both effects split the signal, apply some sort of modulation and short time delay, and then recombine the two signals.

I have no suggestions for pedals since I don't use either effect.

• Members

BF-2 black knobs(80's), CE-2 older the better. A touch of chorus with a hint of wah in my opinion is a good approx to URB sound. I find I use it a fair bit in our moodier songs.

• Members

Chorus/flanger are pretty different, which do you want?
:p

My favorite chorus is the Voodoo Chorus. It's the clearest, most organic sounding chorus I've played. Many chorii suffer from sounding way too digital or synthy... The Voodoo sounds like I'm actually plucking the notes and not using a pedal.

My favorite flanger is the Boss BF-2B. It has a wide range of sounds, can hit the Justin Chancellor sound perfectly, and is probably the only flanger I've liked under $100.

+1...although I haven't tried the BF-2B...I just use my plain old BF-2

I don't you've ever thanked me for showing you the light with the VL Analog Chorus though ;)

• Members

EBS UniChorus. It's got both chorus and flanger, and sounds very good!

A bit on the pricy side, though.

This.

I'd have two so I could use both the chorus and the flange tho. :)

My Deluxe Stereo Electric Mistress can put out some seriously awesome sounds though + delay. Runs both flange and chorus simultaneously.

• Members

+1...although I haven't tried the BF-2
B
...I just use my plain old BF-2

I don't you've ever thanked me for showing you the light with the VL Analog Chorus though
;)

Definitely one of the better recommendations I've taken off of here :thu:

Archived