Whats a good multi-fx pedal???

JiroJan

• Members

i need a multi pedal for my bass rig....not wana spend to much (sub $300 used ish)

rig consists of schecter bass with emg-hz pups...gk 800rb...mesa 2x15...might add a 2x10 later

music is progressive hard rock-ish stuff

thanks is advance :thu:

• Members

Do you want FX, FX+modeling, mostly just modeling?

For FX only, I have the Line 6 M13. Basically all of their "big" modelers lumped together in a kickass, easy to use design.

I don't need modeling w/ the Boogie rig, so this works perfectly. Cuts right to the chase. :thu:

Otherwise the GT-6B is nice once you get the hang of it.

• Members

Another vote for the GT6B. I love mine. The amp models probably aren't quite as good as say some of the newer Line 6 gear, but they're still very useable. I usually just go direct from the GT6B, and I've been happy with the results.

Most of the effects on it are great. You'll want to pick up a real synth if you require that at all. To me, it's really the only effect on the board that leaves something to be desired. Some people will also say that the distortions on it aren't great, but I've been pretty satisfied with them. I don't go for the distortion or overdrive very often, though.

One more thing to be aware of. If you do go with a GT6B, be prepared to set aside an afternoon with the manual figuring it out. It isn' the most user friendly board ever.

• Moderators

Or a Boss ME-50b. It doesn't have as many bells or whistles as the GT6, but it has the compressor, OD, chorus and other fx that are very useable and is a much smaller stage footprint than the gt6b, if that is a concern for you.

Archived