Korg DTR-2 rack tuner......really that bad?

Cliff Fiscal

• Members

You never mentioned the word tuner in your post except that this method is far more accurate than one...

I think he meant far more accurate tracking WITH one. The lower note from the flopping string is harder to read than the higher note where the string oscillates less from the natural harmonic.

• Members

Then how does the mute work?

I think I'm missing something?
:idk:

The tuner has a mute FS switch on it too. I use it's FS jack, not the XS400H's.

It's been my finding that at higher volumes the XS400 isn't 100% muted, you still hear a faint sound, so I don't use it's internal mute, I use that from the tuner itself.

• Members

I think he meant far more accurate tracking WITH one. The lower note from the flopping string is harder to read than the higher note where the string oscillates less from the natural harmonic.

I guess I don't assume anything on here anymore...

As far as it being more accurate with a tuner...I'm in total agreement!

• Members

The tuner has a mute FS switch on it too. I use it's FS jack, not the XS400H's.

It's been my finding that at higher volumes the XS400 isn't 100% muted, you still hear a faint sound, so I don't use it's internal mute, I use that from the tuner itself.

:D

So how does that mute anything? :confused:

I noticed that faint bleed also......

• Members

I have had zero trouble with my DTR2 (gotten used off ebay several years ago), and it tracks my open B (even if it's tuned down a half- or whole-step) just fine.

I don't have the noise problem because I'm not running it in my fx loop. My preamp has biamp capability and I run the high pass output into the tuner.

• Members

I didn't read this thread at all. If the OP is still looking for one, PM me. I'll offer you one heckuva deal.

So you didn't read all the parts where we basically hashed out a deal until you came along and undercut me. Nice. :rolleyes:

j/k but the thought to sell mine to him did briefly cross my mind.

Archived