OK, OK...I get it.

mlwarriner

• Members

I think I may have built my new favorite rig.

800RB---> GK 410SBX & GK 1x15 reloaded with an Eminence K-Lite 3015LF.

My only gripe is the weight of the 4x10. Pondering replacing it with a Schroeder - either the 1012 or 1212? Maybe in the light version, maybe not...

Thoughts?

• Members

I've played plenty of gigs using a 400RB/Schro 1210 and it sounds absolutely fantastic. I think that the best match for an 800RB though just may be an Eden 410xlt. Everything sounds good through it but that's a match that's darn near made in heaven IMO.

• Members

I've played plenty of gigs using a 400RB/Schro 1210 and it sounds absolutely fantastic. I think that the best match for an 800RB though just may be an Eden 410xlt. Everything sounds good through it but that's a match that's darn near made in heaven IMO.

i'm trying to lighten my load/compact my rig.

i'm sure the eden would sound like the mutt's nutts, but that's kind of anti-progress on the downsizing front...

:D

• Members

i'm trying to lighten my load/compact my rig.

i'm sure the eden would sound like the mutt's nutts, but that's kind of anti-progress on the downsizing front...

:D

C'mon wimp, it's only 100lbs! :p

I totally get it. Personally an Avatar 212neo has been a good mix of weight, tone and volume for me. The Schroeders (check out the BML's!) would be a nice choice as would a GB neoX212. Then, there's the rumored upcoming Acme neos.... :)

• Members

C'mon wimp, it's only 100lbs!
:p

I totally get it. Personally an Avatar 212neo has been a good mix of weight, tone and volume for me. The Schroeders (check out the BML's!) would be a nice choice as would a GB neoX212. Then, there's the rumored upcoming Acme neos....
:)

that's Mr. Old Man Wimp to you, sonny! :mad:

• Members

If I ever have to get a new amp and can't find another Jansen like the one I have ,the RB800 is the first amp I will look into ...

As for your weight issues
1211358587.gif
They seriously make it so easy

anybody who knows me knows that there is NO forever gear in my world. i'm a gear slut, and i'm ok with that.

seriously - with all the amps i've played, the 800RB is my new favorite.

• Members

i had a 1001RBII for a while, and liked it quite a bit.

but the 800...
:love:

I have to ask then...you know the 4/5 string button on the 1001/2001? According to the manual, when it's in 4 string mode, it supposedly has the voicing of the 800 RB. Having played a 1001, do you think there is any truth to that?

I normally play it in 5 string mode, I like the added low end response...but I have wondered.

• Members

The 1001 doesn't quite sound like a 800.

I don't know why exactly. Something in the hi medium range that sounds thicker and warmer on the 800. You don't find this in other GK heads.

While we're on GK, has anyone tried the Fusion?

GK3020420A-xl.jpg

• Members

I don't know why exactly. Something in the hi medium range that sounds thicker and warmer on the 800. You don't find this in other GK heads.

GK3020420A-xl.jpg

Dan (Willsellout) had one for awhile...

• Members

GK3020420A-xl.jpg

willsellout had one and liked it, IIRC. not sure why he flipped it...

:idk:

Archived