Trying to recall the title of an old DOS game

Kaesh

• Members

I think I was playing it around 95-96, but it's probably a bit older than that.

It was a third person perspective, in poor blocky old school 3D, or pseudo 3D (with sprites).

It was set in the Vietnam war and you were an American squad leader doing the typical random scout/capture/kill missions, and IIRC shouting to your dudes. I remember it was very addictive, and I want to play it again. Any takers? The description is brief, but I imagine there aren't many games like that from that period.

• Members

Oh tactical shooter was the name I was looking for :facepalm:

It's not Shellshock Nam, the 95-96 date may be a few years off, but it's definitely from the 90s. It's pretty similar to Delta Force, but older, I am pretty sure I remember playing it on my 386, and I am 100% sure it was set in Vietnam.

• Members

210px-Chuck_Yeager%27s_Air_Combat_box_sc

I always liked Chuck Yeager's Air Combat game, although it had a "security" question that you had to look up in the instruction manual just to load the game. Stuff like "What is the wing span of this plane" or "What is the max altitude of this plane" etc.....

I eventually lost the booklet with all of the answers and couldn't play the game anymore. :(

• CMS Author

I always liked Chuck Yeager's Air Combat game, although it had a "security" question that you had to look up in the instruction manual just to load the game. Stuff like "What is the wing span of this plane" or "What is the max altitude of this plane" etc.....

I eventually lost the booklet with all of the answers and couldn't play the game anymore.
:(

Bummer. You could have looked up the info on Jane's.:idea:

• Members

I eventually lost the booklet with all of the answers and couldn't play the game anymore.
:(

I used to play that game all the time. Short of Doom, it's my favorite computer game ever.

Archived