On stage, where do you as a Bass player stand?

Marko

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I usually want my bass rig next to the drummer so he can hear me nice and loud, and when I need to noodle or play careful parts I just take a fat step backward and concentrate on locking with him.

But most of the time, I'm just a foot or two behind my microphone.

• Members

I used to always set up my amp stage left but I wandered all over the place. I was a very active on stage.

Don't worry so much about your stage presence though. It will come but only through experience and practice. Practice in front of a mirror is always good so you can see what you are doing. Practice your songs without looking at the frets.

• Members

I stand stage left turned slightly in to face the crowd. hihat side. My drummer naturally looks towards his hihats so it's in my best interest to be in his line of sight. If something ever happens to the sound, he can still see my fingers and with him being on my right, I only have turn my head slightly to catch his eye for big changes and finishes.

• Members

I like to stand where I can communicate with the drummer the easiest. For the most part that's been stage left (hi-hat side for right handed drummers), but I've played stage right a few times. And I've also done the "it's rehearsal so let's set up in a circle so we can see each other" thing - but not in al ive performance setting.

• Members

As a bass player, I stand for equality

I also stand for justice and freedom

but, most of all, I stand for world peace

Nice. Congrats, the votes all over the country are in and you are now crowned Miss HCBF 2009!

sku0000000004169.jpg

wear it with pride!

Archived