OT: Parents of teens--is this normal?

mike fitzwell

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Assuming 31 days in a month that's 540 texts a day. :eek:

How are her grades?

I thought it was bad enough that when a mom was asking her 12 year old daughter who was getting a new phone last night if 2500 texts per month was enough and her daughter replied "Uhh... no. :rolleyes:"

:facepalm:

• Members

Assuming 31 days in a month that's 540 texts a day.
:eek:

How are her grades?

I thought it was bad enough that when a mom was asking her 12 year old daughter who was getting a new phone last night if 2500 texts per month was enough and her daughter replied "Uhh... no. :rolleyes:"

Honor roll, lead alto sax in band. She's got her {censored} together. I've checked the bill and it's pretty much a split 50/50 ratio sent to received. The billing cycle ends July 2, so she's got a pretty good chance of breaking 18k. :facepalm:

• Members

looks like a couple people already did the math :o

Seriously though.... my bro had 100 dollars worth of texting fees one month when we were in highschool. I thought THAT was ludicrous. (I don't think we had any texting plans)

My dad FLIPPED. I couldn't imagine what he'd do if he'd have seen THAT many texts on the bill. (Granted, you have unlimited texting, but my dad still would have flipped out)

I mean, I don't even see how the battery can last that long with that much use :D

• Members

Am I the only one that doesn't 'get' the whole text thing?

I mean, I like emails, just to "get it in writing", and can easily access my home(and work, if I wanted) email anywhere/anytime.

Maybe it's just a generational thing? Go back to your Betamax and 8-track, pops! :p:D

For me, it's great, I do it alot... I mean, sometimes I just DON'T wanna actually talk to a motha{censored}a, ya know?

• Members

Maybe it's just a generational thing? Go back to your Betamax and 8-track, pops!
:p:D

For me, it's great, I do it alot... I mean, sometimes I just DON'T wanna actually talk to a motha{censored}a, ya know?

Exactly. If I have a quick question, I type it up and send it. THey can get back to me whenever.... I don't have to find their number, call, hope they're ready to give an imediate answer, wait for them to answer the phone, wait for them to answe rthe question... :facepalm:

• Members

Exactly. If I have a quick question, I type it up and send it. THey can get back to me whenever....
I don't have to find their number, call, hope they're ready to give an imediate answer, wait for them to answer the phone, wait for them to answe rthe question

All of which takes just as long to text out a question :lol:

I text a lot too, and hate talking on the phone, but the numbers some of you are claiming are flat out ristupulous. Maybe I just need more friends? How do you even get anything done sending that many text messages? Your day would be 1/2 dedicated to sending/responding to messages.

• Members

Am I the only one that doesn't 'get' the whole text thing?

I mean, I like emails, just to "get it in writing", and can easily access my home(and work, if I wanted) email anywhere/anytime.

I like texts, short and sweet.

I am a tradesman and it is really handy for communicating with other contractors ,if not much is needed to be said

Archived