What was the worst bass you

Marko

• Members
:confused:

I don't know if is the neck profile or what, I just don't find it very comfortable to my fret hand. However I must admit my only experience is with the ones hanging up at GC, and may be a little lacking in the set-up department.

• Members

My first bass a 67-68 Knox P bass. fat neck weak picups but hey I just wanted a bass, The only other bass I've ever owned that I didn't care much for was an older Epi TB the neck was a little to thick for my liking . that being said I have a new Epi TB and the neck is sweet,I'd compare it to an older TB neck.

• Members

Worst I've ever owned: Danelectro Hodad converted to fretless...poorly.
The bridge was bent so bad the A & D actually sat lower than the other two. The neck pickup didn't work. Then there were all the problems that came with the shoddy conversion: unevenly epoxied fingerboard, nut filed down too low, etc.

Worst I've ever played: An 'custom' of unknown origin. There were valleys in the fretboard, which made intonation impossible; one single coil pressed up against the bridge, no volume/tone. A chip in the finish on the side showed that the body was a choice piece of particle board :rolleyes:
There's gotta be a picture of it on my old computer...

• Members

Gibson EB-0
70s Gibson Les Paul Recording Bass

two of the worst pieces of {censored} I have ever owned and played.......

I also had an Alembic Spoiler that must have been a dud (I had a Series I that was "godly" :love:): I know Alembic and 'piece of {censored}' should never be used in the same sentence, but...........................

• Moderators

Worst bass I've owned: short scale P-style starter bass called "Cruise by VMI"

Worst bass I've played: see worst owned! :D

Worst bass I've played that other bassists like: T-40 (a wise friend once told me, "friends don't let friends play T-40s")

Worst bass I've played that is worth the asking price, but no more: SX Fender copies

• Members

1st place cake taker is a '70-'73 4001 Rickenbacker. This by far, was the most uncomfortable, jagged edged, thin toned beast my hands have ever graced. They are pretty though. It's the body more than then the neck that makes Ric's bad medicine for me. I feel like I am fighting a..., well, a bass.

I'm with you. Some guys like them, but I used to have a 73 Ric and sold it because I could never get it to sound like anything I wanted to hear.

Worst bass ever was a Fender Heartfield that had no useful sound in it anywhere.

• Members
However I must admit my only experience is with the ones hanging up at GC, and may be a little lacking in the set-up department.

They generally are. :)

For a "production" instrument, Music Man are very close to the top of the heap, IMO. They're not as good a value as they once were, but they're still reasonably priced for what they are.

Archived