New tax on evil rich!

lug

• Moderators

Since everyone here seems to be against plastic surgery, I'm curious as to what the same people would list as plastic surgeries besides face lifts, boob jobs, nose jobs and chin jobs. What other plastic surgeries are disgraceful?

• Members

Since everyone here seems to be against plastic surgery, I'm curious as to what the same people would list as plastic surgeries besides face lifts, boob jobs, nose jobs and chin jobs. What other plastic surgeries are disgraceful?

not against plastic surgery - against bad/botched plastic surgery.

(e.g. latoya/michael jackson)

• Members

This bill wouldn't tax medically necessary plastic surgery, if that's what you're getting at... Burn victims, animal attacks, etc.

• Moderators
This bill wouldn't tax medically necessary plastic surgery, if that's what you're getting at... Burn victims, animal attacks, etc.

My post isn't in regard to any bill. I'm curious as to thoughts on plastic surgery as indicated in the post. What's acceptable and what's not.

• Members

We tax luxury items, like cars over a certain price (I believe it's around $38,000) and boats, airplanes and certain other items considered "luxuries".

As a surgeon, and one qualified to do certain facial plastic surgical procedures, I feel strongly that the vast majority of truly cosmetic procedures which are not covered by insurances - such as Botox injections for wrinkles specifically, facelifts, certain brow lifts and blepharoplasties (for non-visual obstruction) - are luxury items.

This is entirely different from essential plastic surgical operations that qualify as necessary - reconstruction after cancer being a good example - and most of those procedures are covered under insurance.

• Members

My post isn't in regard to any bill. I'm curious as to thoughts on plastic surgery as indicated in the post. What's acceptable and what's not.

Anything's acceptable in my book. I wouldn't do it unless I got disfigured somehow, but whatever someone wants to do to their body is their deal.

• Members
This is entirely different from essential plastic surgical operations that qualify as necessary - reconstruction after cancer being a good example - and most of those procedures are covered under insurance.

As it should be but I would never accept additional taxes. They have enough of our money. ;)

• Members
I don't get Al Franken. I never found his sense of humor to be that funny.
:idk:

Al Franken isn't funny when he does skits, etc. But he's actually an accomplished comedic writer. He's written tons of sketches for SNL and other things.

But when he does his own stuff it fall flat, at least to me.

• Members
That's the part of him I don;t get. I'm sure with the years spent on SNL he wrote some good stuff for people who actually had the talent to deliver the goods.
:lol:

His books are really damn funny too if you can stomach reading them. He's a great writer (or has a great editor), but is just a little left of center. :lol: The Sean Hannity piece of Lies and the Lying Liars Who Tell Them is f'ing priceless.

Archived