OT: Light switches in USA...

ToeJamFootball

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

re dimmers- you only would use a knob style dimmer if you want your house to look like a relic of the 60's. It's all about clean up to date switches now. Old tiny little flip toggles amd knob dimmers have been long since surpassed.

• Members

hahaha... I always loved using similar jokes to new employees when I worked construction.

Classics:

If they cut a board too short, you'd tell them to go grab the board stretcher.

Say "this level is off a little... go find me the level water"

Another classic: "I need the left handed screwdriver, crescent wrench, pliers, hammer," etc...
:D

When my brother worked at Menards, they'd tell people to go find stuff, and if they couldn't find it, they'd say "check the basement". (Menards doesn't have one).
:lol:

What really made me chuckle with that one, is that KK, by rushing to prove me wrong, in effect, went running for that metric screwdriver. :lol:

• Members

I will stop here as I refuse to get into a battle of the wits with an unarmed man.

Well, I can tell you right now, I'm certainly no match for such an innovative and incisive barb as that one right there...:thu:

Very fresh, very fresh...

Have any cutting remarks to make about suffragettes while you're at it?

How about the Silver Standard?

Or that new Horseless Carriage?

I haven't seen a bon mot like yours since Vanderbilt told Garfield that "if he wanted the age properly gilded, he should straight away see a goldsmith!"...heh, that one still makes me laugh...:lol:

You know, you've a lot in common with the old Commodore, you both cut to the quick...though I must say, his remark has just a bit more meat on the bone, as it were; just a bit more "pepper in his pot", if you don't mind the ribald language...

Heh...wits...unarmed...straight away to the Goldsmith!... all so clever...:thu:

• Members

Monster switches, hardly. Try a lot of internally backlit, paddle style 2 and 3 way switches with vertical slider dimmers, a lot of regular 2 and 3 way paddle rockers, 3 speed rocker style fan control and combined fan/light dimmers, all the cover plates. Price 'em out, its ridiculous, and there are a lot of lighting points in this house.

• Members

Monster switches, hardly. Try a lot of internally backlit, paddle style 2 and 3 way switches with vertical slider dimmers, a lot of regular 2 and 3 way paddle rockers, 3 speed rocker style fan control and combined fan/light dimmers, all the cover plates. Price 'em out, its ridiculous, and there are a lot of lighting points in this house.

Sally Struthers is gonna have your ass!:eek:

hunger.jpg

• Members

More than one light switch for the same light(s) = too much money.

:poke:
:p

The apartment came that way. I blame the Germans. :D :poke:

Seriously, it's helpful for one hallway, stairs, and stumbling around certain rooms in the dark... ;)

Archived