Ebay sucks!!!

Bones Malone

• Members

Thinking about buying a pedal from Ebay? Don't. They suck.

My volume pedal recently took a {censored} on me (during a performance of course) so I've been in the market for a new one. I had a Morley, which I purchased because it was cheap and I didn't have the $$$ for anything else at the time. I decided on an Ernie Ball based on the feel and swellability and after striking out twice on CL, headed over to Ebay.

I haven't used Ebay for awhile so I wasn't hip to the autobid function. There I sat in front of my computer, smitten that I only had 10 more seconds to go before I got this pedal for a cool $50. Then the 10 seconds was up. The screen never changed but some little bastard beat me by $1. Dammit!!!!!!

I HATE YOU EBAY!!!!!!

• Members

Use some software that snipes at the last possible nano-second. That's what everyone does these days.
:cool:

This.

Also be aware that it doesn't auto-load (last I checked at least), so though you may have seen it at under a minute, you need to refresh the page every few seconds to see things up to date.

• Members

I haven't used Ebay for awhile so I wasn't hip to the autobid function. There I sat in front of my computer, smitten that I only had 10 more seconds to go before I got this pedal for a cool $50. Then the 10 seconds was up. The screen never changed but some little bastard beat me by $1. Dammit!!!!!!

I HATE YOU EBAY!!!!!!

I hate it when auction sales go to highest bidder! :mad:

• Members

My volume pedal recently took a {censored} on me (during a performance of course) so I've been in the market for a new one. I had a Morley, which I purchased because it was cheap and I didn't have the $$$ for anything else at the time. I decided on an Ernie Ball based on the feel and swellability and after striking out twice on CL, headed over to Ebay.

I HATE YOU EBAY!!!!!!

I understand where you're coming from... if you don't use sniper software, and can't manually place a bid in the last few seconds, you might also try odd bid amounts. in other words, if your final price is $50, put in a bid for something just over $50, like $51.50. odds are you will either get your pedal for under $50, or be significantly outbid.

• Members

I understand where you're coming from... if you don't use sniper software, and can't manually place a bid in the last few seconds, you might also try odd bid amounts. in other words, if your final price is $50, put in a bid for something just over $50, like $51.50. odds are you will either get your pedal for under $50, or be significantly outbid.

Good advice. I usually add a few cents onto all bids. I've won a few by just those cents before, it's worth it IMO.

• Members

The screen never changed but some little bastard beat me by $1. Dammit!!!!!!

Hehe, sniping. That's what makes eBay so fun! My best was when I was able to get a bid in with 1 second remaining. There were quite a few last second bids and the guy before me had submitted his bid with 2 seconds left. I can imagine him looking at the screen that said "You're the high bidder!" with :01 left in the auction, confidently refreshing the page and.... :facepalm:

• Members

Yeah, I was going with .01 as my cents. Ugh...

• Members

Hehe, sniping. That's what makes eBay so fun! My best was when I was able to get a bid in with 1 second remaining. There were quite a few last second bids and the guy before me had submitted his bid with 2 seconds left. I can imagine him looking at the screen that said "You're the high bidder!" with :01 left in the auction, confidently refreshing the page and....
:facepalm:

Are you the proud new owner of an Ernie Ball Volume pedal by chance?

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

• Members

Hehe, sniping. That's what makes eBay so fun! My best was when I was able to get a bid in with 1 second remaining. There were quite a few last second bids and the guy before me had submitted his bid with 2 seconds left. I can imagine him looking at the screen that said "You're the high bidder!" with :01 left in the auction, confidently refreshing the page and....
:facepalm:

:lol::lol::lol: Yeppers dat {censored} is funnay!!

Archived