Who do you want to see run for President in 2012?

der oxenrig

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sounds a lot like Ron Paul. 'Course, everybody knows he's a nut, with his believing in following the Constitution and all.......

Nah, Paul wants to do away with the Dept of Education and is against abortion and gay rights. Those are pretty big strikes against in my book.

• Members

Nah, Paul wants to do away with the Dept of Education and is against abortion and gay rights. Those are pretty big strikes against in my book.

It doesn't matter if Ron Paul is against that stuff.

No way will the Congress or Senate ever allow that to happen.

The National Education Association is probably the most powerful and best organized lobby ever. They will prevent the Dept of Education from going away.

Neither will abortion or gay rights ever go away.

FWIW, I am a big Ron Paul supporter and while I don't see any value in the Dept of Education, I support the right to abortion in the first trimester and don't believe that gays should have fewer rights than anyone else.

• Members

But seriously folks....all kidding aside, I nominate Bill Maher!

I kind of like that idea. Too long have the American people been required to recycle the same tired jokes about politicians. It's time we had a president that can take care of that for us (with stage presence).

• Members

You mean the guy who had Bill Clinton prosecuted for an extramarital affair while carrying on an extramarital affair?
:cop:

:confused: Bill Clinton was never prosecuted for an extramarital affair. I'm pretty sure Newt wasn't a prosecuter at the time either. :D

Archived