Discuss...

LarryNJ

• Members

Discuss more....

(note DARKSTARS...)

:evil:

I think the bass looks pretty cool, period. The Dark Stars are the gravy on the biscuit. I've heard the sound clips and like the dark, vintage-y tone.

If I ever win the lottery, the first purchase will be a vintage Morgan Plus Four or Plus Eight. The next stop is Lakland for a fretless hollow body (unlined) loaded with Dark Stars.

• Members

I think the bass looks pretty cool, period. The Dark Stars are the gravy on the biscuit. I've heard the sound clips and like the dark, vintage-y tone.

If I ever win the lottery, the first purchase will be a vintage Morgan Plus Four or Plus Eight. The next stop is Lakland for a fretless hollow body (unlined) loaded with Dark Stars.

Lottery??, why not just sell that penis extension car of yours?

:p;):D

• Members

:idk:

Hmmmm-

Spoke w/ guy at Lakland; asking if he knew of anyplace w/ Active Decade in stock. During discussion, mentioned DarkStar-equipped (passive) NOS at Mesa H'WD...

"THERE IS??!" He said--- "Wow, I'd jump on that it's a classic- We had (1) set of DarkStars here at the factory, and we routed a bass for a Customer who asked for those pups....How much are they asking for it??" He says,

( this was the guy at Lakland)...

Never did call me back w/ a Dealer' maybe an active USA Decade isn't out there...

Veeeerrry interesting, no?

Discuss.

• Moderators

Kindness- I'm certain you're right.
;)
You certainly know what my tone favorites are, I really need to talk to you about alternative cabs sometime...

Your cab issue is in the back of my mind - getting a replacement for your larger cab to ease the burden on your back. If something jumps to mind I'll let you know. If you want to talk it over before then, just let me know.

• Members

Lakland's busy at the moment losing contracts, they're too busy to call back. :p

What is happening there as far as losing contracts??

Are you looking for US or Skyline? Which pickups would you prefer?

USof A fer sure, tho I know that the Skykline make lots of players happy.

Always have been intrigued by Darkstars, Fred Hammon seems pretty involved with what he's doing.

Haven't heard Chi-Sonics or more importantly played them in the mix; same with Darkstars.

Between those 2 basses, it gets down to finish (both very kewl IMO)

and pups-that's it.

I might have ORDERED a US Decade, active, maple board, trans finish, but that could take a looong time, and I'm immature and impatient when it comes to taking delivery of basses I crave...

Hmmm- maybe this one is a done deal, then....:poke:

Could it be.....?:facepalm:

• Members

I will

DISCUSS :cop:

Monday late afternoon, maybe Tuesday (UPS comes as late as 7 PM)

the Fiesta Red DS'd Decade.

A couple of Nash 55's, one MK Blonde, the other Butterscotch, came in close 2nds between the Lakland Decades in the:

OK you're making real good $$ now and you need another Bass like a 2nd *******, but then again tho you (meaning "I") am irresponsibe and have severe signs all over of arrested development, what the &**% is the problem??

with that???

Howzabout all those suckahs that lost their money in the stock market or BS investment schemes or real estate forclosures and {censored}, trying to flip a frikkin' house fer gawdsakes, when at least I blow my hard-earned and well deserved coin on awesome bass guitars, each one unique and utterly fabulous lucky me

Contest.

Phewwww. I'm exhausted after all that insight.

DISCUSS...

Archived