Beer You Don't Like That Most People Seem To

Thunderbroom

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I was gonna say the same thing. Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is one of the best beers ever, and their others don't disappoint.

I'm not a fan of their Pale Ale, in fact I used to hate it when I lived in California (grew up about 45 mins from the brewery, good food!) but have bought it few times since I moved and kinda like it now. But their other beers are always better than most to awesome.

Also, I don't like my new local brewery much, Great Lakes, even though most people seem to love their beers. I do like their Christmas and Nosferatu though, and still try anything new from them.

• Members

Also, I don't like my new local brewery much, Great Lakes, even though most people seem to love their beers. I do like their Christmas and Nosferatu though, and still try anything new from them.

I really like Great Lakes Burning River. :thu:

• Members

I really like Great Lakes Burning River.
:thu:

I got their sampler when I first moved here and absolutely HATED burning river.... my brother didn't like it either.

I haven't had it again since. Maybe I should give it another chance... (I really like that Great Lakes is very "green" and I ride my bike just a few blocks from the brewery just about every week day)

• Members

You don't like Shiner?! Blasphemy!

Amen. Shiner Bock is great. So is there Bohemian Black Lager.

I like AmberBock as well. I don't mind Fat Tire, I like New Castle Brown Ale, I like Sam Adam (their Octoberfest is nice as well), I don't mind Guinness.

As far as ones I don't like - Blue Moon tops the list. Horrible stuff. A lot of people around here drink Mich Ultra. I don't care for it either. I usually don't go for the standards - Bud, Miller, etc... I like dark beers mostly, but I can throw back a Coors Light if need be. Oddly enough, I don't mind Corona though.

All that being said, I'm not a beer-a-night person or anything like that. I'll have a few when we play, get one at a restaurant occasionally, or pick up a six pack every so often, and it will usually last me a couple of weeks as I just have one here and there, so I may not be the most qualified to throw in my input. But I am anyway, so deal with it dammit! :D

• Members

Um.... I'd have to say, all the crazy weird {censored} you people drink! Those names of beer y'all throw out there, and I try it and it's just god awful... I'll take my Miller Lite, Guinness, and Yngling (or however you spell it.) {censored} all that weird beer

• Members

PBR is probably the worst liquid anyone can drink on the planet. I refuse to let it pass over my tongue ever again. Disgusting. And 99% of people who drink it aren't worth hanging around.

Also not a fan of most ESBs.

1554 is good stuff. Fat Tire isn't my deal, too sharp.

Anything I can see through.

• Members

Big American industrials of almost any kind.

IPAs, generally. I just don't get the fascination with them.

Same for Sierra Nevada.

I will tolerate an Aventinus with a bit of a grimace, but I've given up trying to like it (take that, basshunter! :D ).

And anyone who doesn't like a good Hefe needs to send all their supply to me, so that we can stop wasting great beer. :mad: :poke:

Archived