Going to see "Ian Anderson plays the Acoustic Jethro Tull" on Thursday

der oxenrig

• Members

Excellent show. Played a bunch of rarities, as well as a bunch of my favorites. Ian's voice still isn't that strong, but where he lacks in vocal strength, he makes up for it in showmanship.

I wanted to strangle the accordian/piano player, though. His playing was rather obnoxious. :mad:

• Members

Excellent show. Played a bunch of rarities, as well as a bunch of my favorites. Ian's voice still isn't that strong, but where he lacks in vocal strength, he makes up for it in showmanship.

I wanted to strangle the accordian/piano player, though. His playing was rather obnoxious.
:mad:

Acoustic Jethro Tull with accordian. Sounds like a hippy nursing home.

• Members

I saw Tull earlier this decade, and yes... despite Ian's voice going to hell in a handbasket, he's still damned entertaining. Have fun!

They played a bunch of rarities, including March the Mad Scientist, Just Trying to Be, Someday the Sun Won't Shine For You and opened with Dun Ringill (which was probably the best song of the night).

Overall, it was a kickass show. I would definitely see him again. :thu:

• Members

I am bummed to hear about such a great voice "going to hell." Is it really that bad these days?

Granted, it's been 13 years since I saw JT live, so I have no recent frame of reference.
:confused:

Compared to 13 years ago, there's probably not a huge difference.

I'm comparing to the classic years (1968-1982), before he had a throat infection of some sorts.

• Members

Compared to 13 years ago, there's probably not a
huge
difference.

I'm comparing to the classic years (1968-1982), before he had a throat infection of some sorts.

OK, I'm not worried. I like his deeper hard rock voice, too. :thu:

Archived