IB

LarryNJ

• Members

Some players like to change their "arsenal" around; selling, trading, etc.

Cool. I personally don't. I can honestly say than other that some POS STEALING a 70's P-Bass from my car- (nice one, too!)...

I don't turn any of mine. Each one gets played; each one has it's own voice.

Don't wanna sell.

• Members

I unloaded a {censored} ton in the last week .
;)

I can't even begin to THINK about selling any of my axes....

I mean, which one(s)? And How? and WHY??

The Gretsch?? NO!! Never (neither the ThunderJet OR SpectraSonic!!)

MY '69 P-Bass?? Please.

MAYBE the Hofner Cavern pup -spaced CLUB; the string-spacing is...

NAaaa it thumps too kewl....

Oh yeh, I know, the MOSRITE- Ranger! Some douches didn't like that ONE!

Oh but wait ...I do, I played it today, and seeing as I know how to lay into it and eq it, it sounded awesome, and is a superior build, so can't very well get rid of that...

Hmmm-Howzabout (one of) the Rickenbacker(s)...No way Jose..

Nope. I can't do it.

I can't.

• Members

yeah start with that one ^
:lol:
, for me it's what gets played and what doesn't .

All of mine get played, fortunately I get that opportunity to have fun & rotate 'em in performance.

Re: "that one"...

From Ed Roman (1 of 2 Mosrite Dealers in the U.S.)...

"The Mark 1 Bass Guitars are extremely rare and hard to find. I have received a total of 13 pieces over the past 6 years. I hope to have something in stock at all times."

Well, he's got (1) now, a black one; I bought the SB. The other dealer, in Bakersfield could order a Fillmore Ranger Mk 1 1965 Mosrite Ventures Model fromJapan; it would take 3-6 months.

It's not the scarcity that makes me dig that particular bass, it's the sound... P-Bass +.

It will never be for sale, nuthin' will. I play them all; wouldn't have a bass that doesn't get played.

Seems there is some Ibby love & respect- kewl. They deserve it. Much bang for the buck thoughout the line and that upper end Prestige...

Hey- guess what- Made in Japan. Like my Fender-owned Gretsches, and my Fillmore Mosrite....

And the Japanese Terada factories for Gretsch, and the Fillmore factory for Mosrite Ranger etc. and the Ibanez J-Team plant for the Prestige series...

Their work is superb. A comparable Luthier-ordered/built bass with the same woods, electronics and spec as the SR4000E would probably cost about 2X as much.

BTW-check out the 30th Anniversary Ibanez Musician model; 15 units made, about 10 Large, I think.

If I had it; I'd PLAY it; would NOT sell it!:poke:

• Members

This is the main reason for offloading it. It doesn't get enough face time. I've really zeroed in on what I want and need both in playability and tone and it just doesn't fit the bill. I'm actually selling it to finance parts for a far more suitable bass.

I totally get that. If the instrument doesn't talk back when you're "speaking" to it- then....

Of all my instruments, only (1) has an "issue" the Hofner Club Bass with Cavern pup spacing- I don't care for the narrow string spacing, but the bass is so kewl, and sounds so good, that I gotta make adjustments, which I can do!

On topic of "IB"-

THe Prestige SD4000E SDR (stained Red) that I JUST received from AMS is an OUTSTANDING piece of work- Everything about it is first-rate.

beautiful carve on the bod, the Neck!!! Wow.

Super eq, love the "Power Curve" format, came straight from Japan, set up like a dream, and the mono-rail bridge concept- delightful!

These are great basses and a true bang-for-buck monster. Sonically as well. Lovin' it.

So much so I went ahead and have coming the (sorta) new PROMETHIAN head they've offered.

I am now an Official IBANEZ flag-waver.

• Members

I totally get that. If the instrument doesn't talk back when you're "speaking" to it- then.

That's it to a nail.

I am now an Official IBANEZ flag-waver.

Welcome to the club. I've been a proud flag waver most of my career. I dare say I've always owned at least 2 Ibby's at all times. A claim no other brand can make.

What's the bass you got? Pics and a link to the official page would be sweet.

• Members

http://www.ibanez.com/BassGuitars/model-SR4000E

That's mine.

haven't taken any personal pics yet; busy with my Dad a bit.

These are truly great basses- I've got some good ones to compare them too as well!

Looking at the catalogue, the entire line-up has a lot of value and quality, from the high $$ Gary Willis (sweet) to the budget models- some great stuff there.

The SR4000E arrived so immaculate, fresh from, Japan, even the CASE is a notch above, nice touches like a graph-tech "black tusq" nut, etc.

And the neck- 5-piece- Not to be believed.

They (Ibanez) have got IT going ON.

• Members

And the neck- 5-piece- Not to be believed.

It looks very similar in design to my friends SR1500PD that I mentioned above. The neck woods are identical, the headstocks are the same, at a glance they look identical save for the pups.

I had to read the specs to know the body wood (Mahogany), his is Padauk, which is uber expensive.

• Members

Being new to Ibanez, and checking their history (real interesting too)

I see a connection between the bass product lines; past and present, as to features, woods, varying electronics and so on.

Seems you can get a NICE bass, a pro-level bass for not a lot of money, and with the exception of the Willis, no model is REAL high-dollar (by standards such as Lakland, Roscoe, et al...)

I thought and still do that G&L was an amazing quality bargain, so is IBBY, to the max.

A bassist who needs to watch their dollars and cents could do a hell of a lot worse than look into one of the mid-range Ibanez models.

I'll say straight up I paid $1500 shipped for the beautiful SR4000E with a great case, and man- for what it is and what it does...

Well well well worth it.

I am impressed.

With the whoile line.

• Members

I'll say straight up I paid $1500 shipped for the beautiful SR4000E with a great case, and man- for what it is and what it does.

Nice. My buddies was the same price in 1992, but keep in mind that it was a little higher end in the woods. His neck has 7 stripes IIRC and EMG's as well.

Archived