your valuable opinions/recommendations/experiences requested

permawave

• Members

First off I KNOW, I 'm going to try each out, just can't find them in one place so lots of driving.

What I'm looking for is your valuable opinions / recommendations / experiences with the following. What I'm looking for is something different then I already have,

Which is

Alembic Persuader with P/J short scale, Active, Ebony FB, Neck thru

Fender 62 reissue P bass, 34

• Members

Those are all fantastic basses but very different. I've been trying out a few basses as well lately and I found the MTD to be a bit harder to slap with than the others. Beyond that I'd say that it comes down to which one screams your name the loudest after you've tried them all.

• Members

Not having to adjust your action pretty much ever (except changing string brands) -> Zon :)

Zon Sonus' are also amazingly playable. Beats everything else in the list handily except the Laklands and the MTD, which I haven't tried so can't say.

• Members

Being in San Diego, 15 miles from the factory You can find them easily in the used market, wonder why:rolleyes:

Yeah wasn't one of my best purchases, Thats why I'm talking to you all.

It doesn't have sound my friends GB 210 has, He has his hooked up to a GK head.

• Members

Agreed! I'm just not a big fan of the tone.

Tone is in the fingers! :)

Also, with graphite basses, I tend to prefer barts. They seem to warmify the tone a little and dial back some of the tendency toward upper mid/treble aggression.

Gross generalization of course, because I had a Moses Steinberger with EMGs that had epic tone for days and days - probably due to being 18v and the Moses neck sounding a bit more mellow than most composites.

• Members

Decade, but I haven't played every model listed. Those are all great basses though.

Also,
with graphite basses, I tend to prefer barts
. They seem to
warmify the tone
a little and dial back some of the tendency toward
upper mid/treble aggression

Gross generalization of course, because I had a Moses Steinberger with
EMGs that had epic tone
for days and days - probably due to being 18v and the Moses neck sounding
a bit more mellow
than most composites.

Mmk. :D

• Members

Oh...

So then I'd say get a new amp instead.

Anythings gotta be better than a Carvin! :poke:

:snax:

Where is he ?

Apart from shoptrying a gutsy G/K head, my only experience is a short one with a Sterling. That is, from when Sterlings were Sterlings and not Sterlings. A good bass. I really liked it. Felt homely to me in a flash. Played well over and across the board. Sounded so good.

Only my wallet prevented it from being more than a one night stand.

• Members

doesn't look like too many Warwick fans.

Depending on your budget, If Warwick was what is realling calling your name, I'd hunt down a 90's Thumb(or Corvette, I won't judge you;)) Wend/Wenge Neck Through 5 and call it a day. They are pretty easy to come by, and can be had for ~$2000. Vastly superior build quality and craftsmanship.

I don't know what it is about the newer $$ Corvettes, but there has to be a reason their so cheap. I played one the second time I ever went to Guitar Center so I can't really judge them accurately.

• Members

I like my Warwicks well enough, but the poll is specifically about a Corvette Double Bucker, not Warwicks as such.

^^^ this. Out all the basses listed, the only one I have ever played is the music man, and I am one of the minority that can't stand the tone. I have a Corvette standard active that I am happy with, but it is not listed. :idk:

Archived