lookie what I got for my birthday?

SelenaBassGirl

• Members

Fender 1957 reissue and my first maple necked bass. This bass is sentimental to me cause this is the bass I played on the first time I ever jammed with a band.

This makes bass number 8! I don't think I posted pics of bass number 7 since I haven't been on a lot these past few months, so I will post a pic of that too.

sorry for the quality..cameras sometimes suck!

IMAG0310.jpg

IMAG0311.jpg

(that is a flaw in the pic not a big nick in the upper left of pic)

bdayneedtosave035.jpg

basses004.jpg

basses003.jpg

• Members

thank you!

I am learning new songs all the time. I still get to sit in with the band every now and then (I did Friday night for two songs). I am now singing too, but not at the same time as I play. Haven't mastered that quite yet!

It's been two years now since I started teaching myself...but I guess since it is in my heart, it helps! ;)

• Members

Nice! Is the neck 1 3/4" at the nut?

yes it's 1 3/4th at the nut. I just measured. :thu:

and thanks to all on your comments and wishes...technically the 57 was a bday present to myself. My bf was selling it and he knew I really wanted it. I was going to buy a Dean Bass from a guy, who CLAIMED it was played by this guy played it with the Kentucky Headhunters. I was gonna pay $175 for it. I was joking to my guy about how I'd buy his 57 but didn't have enough, and he said he'd take $175 for it!:eek: SOLD! In reality I will end up with the money back, cause he is always giving me money..I mean, which would YOU buy? 57 reissue Fender...Dean...:idk:

The other (white one) is a Fender MIK Squier Series (where Fender is the main logo). My bf and I went in halves on it on ebay. We both wanted it. He wanted the body, I wanted the whole damn thing but settled for the neck, cause he won the bid (he outbid the guy who outbid me). He had the neck from the 57 on it for awhile, and I had put the neck on a Squier Jazz. When he got another jazz (one I am playing on in my avatar), he decided to sell the 57, and gave me the body to the white one. So I only paid $100 for the white one! I put the orig neck back on it.

I am glad that I got the 57 cause like I said, it is sentimental to me.

• Members

It's hard to tell by the photos...is that pickguard gold or white with colors reflected in the photo?

Could you please email my wife and brag on YOUR birthday present, you know, just to give her something to think about??? :poke:

• Members

You passed up a chance to get a Dean 'allegedly' played by a member of the Kentucky Headhunters?????

well, the guy gave me his name, I looked it up the history and didn't find that guy in the KHH's list of band members. I met the band years ago, and it wasn't that guy. Must of been someone who sat in on a tour. I was supposed to get a video of him playing it with the band too. It was a beautiful bass and I was gonna get it, however to get a Fender for that cheap-plus the 57 has sentimental meaning for me as well. Maybe if he still has it after Christmas, I might get it. IDK. maybe.

• Members

Sweet bass! Change to a black pick guard!
;)

:mad:

*beats iamndenialNJ to a bloody pulp*

:p

Sunburst, maple neck & board and a gold anodized guard is the look for a '57 P-bass, reissue or original.

Nice bass, SBJ. Does it have the flatter radiused board? I has an MIA '57 reissue from 1982, and it was the nicest Fender I ever had.

Archived