Durable Accessories Bag

Thunderbroom

• Members

I've lost track of how many bags I've had to carry my gig accessories (cables, power cords, tuner, wireless transmitter, etc.). I've just used various canvas bags that I've picked up free from one place or the other. I find that the zippers break, the handled detach or some other sort of thing.

What are you folks using that is durable? I'm getting tired of replacing the bag every 4 - 6 months.

• Members

I use a tool box that I bought from Lowe's. It doesn't have the "carry over your shoulder" aspect that the old bags did, but it's been rock solid and reliable the ten years that I've used it.

Maybe a heavy duty tool bag would be a nice compromise? :idk:

• Members

http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Musicians-Gear-Elite-Series-Gear-Bag?sku=541773

505088.jpg

I bought 2 of these a couple years ago when they were a SDOTD. The front pockets are pretty narrow. It's difficult to get your hand to the bottom. People have bitched about that. But hey, just don't put tiny things in there. :rolleyes:

But other than that that they've been durable, and more than useful. They are just a tad on the large side... but not annoyingly large. This is what I fit in 1 of these bags:

• 3 ring binder (sheet music)

• Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0

• Folding instrument stand

• Power cord

• Speaker cable

• 2-3 instrument cables

• Pocket tuner

• A small pouch I keep misc adapters in

• And misc small stuff like picks, pencils, earplugs, etc.

I forgot what I paid for them... but I think they're worth the $30. Probably not a whole lot more though.

• Members
http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Musicians-Gear-Elite-Series-Gear-Bag?sku=541773

505088.jpg

I bought 2 of these a couple years ago when they were a SDOTD. The front pockets are pretty narrow. It's difficult to get your hand to the bottom. People have bitched about that. But hey, just don't put tiny things in there. :rolleyes:

But other than that that they've been durable, and more than useful. They are just a tad on the large side... but not annoyingly large. This is what I fit in 1 of these bags:

i bought a pair too. have yet to use for gigging, but they make nice carry-ons for flying.

• Members

Home Depot?!?

Maybe I'll stop by there either to/from rehearsal today. I like the military surplus store idea as well; however, there are none convenient to me.

Sure, that'll work.

Nice thing is that there are so many variations of tool boxes, you can find one that will work for the bulk of what you want. The one I use has a bunch of small compartments on the top lid. I pulled out a partition to fit my Dr. Beat (the small one), and use the others for 9v, AAA, and other type things.

• Members

Canvas gym bags....$1-2 at thrift stores. (Might need a good deodorizing before use!) I carry all our lights, extension cords, gaffer tape in a couple and all my backup cables, mic, tools, flashlight etc in another. My amp case has pockets inside each lid that my primary speaker cables are stowed in.

Archived