Illinois Politics: Heard An Ad Today

Thunderbroom

• Members

I was on my way to work this morning listening to WLS when a political ad came on for the US Senate seat once held by President Obama. I couldn't (and still can't) believe I heard what I heard. I just looked it up, and I did hear it correctly.

Kirk is part of a Republican Party homosexual club.

:facepalm:

This was part of an actual political ad on the radio.

:freak:

• Moderators
The only thing scummier than an Illinois Democrat is an Illinois Republican.

:snax:

Interesting. Since Democrats have always run Chicago, which runs this state, it's rather hard to equate IL Republicans with being more scummy than the IL Dems.

• Members

Andy Martin has a long history of weird stuff.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Martin_(American_politician)

Funny thing is that the Republicans have had a tough time with that slot.

First there was Jack Ryan and his bizarro campaign that was derailed when his divorce records were made available to the public. He was replaced by an extremely bizzaro Alan Keyes. Now we get Andy Martin. WOW! More fun!

• Members

Interesting. Since Democrats have always run Chicago, which runs this state, it's rather hard to equate IL Republicans with being more scummy than the IL Dems.

Of course, that little bit of reality seems to escape the typical yellow dog democrat - as seen here...

- georgestrings

• Members

I'm pretty appalled that "Don't vote for him, he's probably gay" can be considered a political strategy.

It's not a political strategy. It's Andy's personal oddball strategy and he's been at it for decades. As much as I'm not a fan of the Republican party, in no way would I suggest that Andy is an example of anything other than himself.

My question is: what did he do that was right enough to get the money and attention to be seriously considered a candidate for either party?

• Members

It's not a political strategy. It's Andy's personal oddball strategy and he's been at it for decades. As much as I'm not a fan of the Republican party, in no way would I suggest that Andy is an example of anything other than himself.

My question is: what did he do that was right enough to get the money and attention to be seriously considered a candidate for either party?

Yes, but he is using that strategy to try and seize a political position. I'm not saying that it is in any way supported by the party or anything. I'm just really surprised that there is a politician (or quasi-politician as it may be) that thinks "the other guy is gay" could actually be a worthwhile talking point.

• Members

Yes, but he is using that strategy to try and seize a political position. I'm not saying that it is in any way supported by the party or anything. I'm just really surprised that there is a politician (or quasi-politician as it may be) that thinks "the other guy is gay" could actually be a worthwhile talking point.

If society is decent, his political career should be self-limiting.

• Members

Yes. That's the alarming part, for me. There's a larger social commentary about why Andy Martin hasn't been limited.

He has never won a seat anywhere running as either a republican or democrat and be renounced by the republican party for his anti-jewish stance. I'd call that pretty self limited.

From the wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Martin_(American_politician)

• Members

Homophobes? All he had to do was say, "KIRK IS GAY! GIVE ME MONEY!" and they'll follow....:facepalm:

Archived