YFC: End of an Era/Look Out Nashville

Thunderbroom

• Members

KQ is heading to Nashville!!

:)

It is with great sadness that we see the departure of 1/2 of our powerhouse lead vocal duo. It's been a long time coming but she is at a point that she needs to be in Nashville to further her career. Recently she met with a pretty well known country artist as well as had a meeting with the president of ASCAP. They both told her she needed to be in Music City.

Her last gig with YFC was likely last Saturday night. We're trying to book another gig before she leaves at the end of next month. Word on the street is that we'll be performing live on WGN radio on 2/18 but that isn't confirmed yet.

I have two more gigs with her as part of her backing band: 1/22 at Goose Island in Wrigleyville from 9p-10p and on 2/5 at Penny Road Pub in South Barrington from 7:30p - 8:30p.

I really am bummed about this as I'm going to miss her deeply but am so happy for her as she follows her dream. While I'm certainly biased, I think Nashville had better look out. She has the drive, determination and the skill to make it as a singer, songwriter or both.

• Members
KQ is heading to Nashville!!

:)

It is with great sadness that we see the departure of 1/2 of our powerhouse lead vocal duo. It's been a long time coming but she is at a point that she needs to be in Nashville to further her career. Recently she met with a pretty well known country artist as well as had a meeting with the president of ASCAP. They both told her she needed to be in Music City.

Her last gig with YFC was likely last Saturday night. We're trying to book another gig before she leaves at the end of next month. Word on the street is that we'll be performing live on WGN radio on 2/18 but that isn't confirmed yet.

I have two more gigs with her as part of her backing band: 1/22 at Goose Island in Wrigleyville from 9p-10p and on 2/5 at Penny Road Pub in South Barrington from 7:30p - 8:30p.

I really am bummed about this as I'm going to miss her deeply but am so happy for her as she follows her dream. While I'm certainly biased, I think Nashville had better look out. She has the drive, determination and the skill to make it as a singer, songwriter or both.

Man that is cool, and sucks...both at the same time.

• Members

Maybe she'll get to Nashville and they'll tell her she needs to be out on the road and ask if she knows where she can get a good backing band and then all of you can go!
:lol:

We're not professional musicians. She needs a professional backing band. The country artist that she met with told her that she'd get her a backing band.

• Members

Maybe she'll get to Nashville and they'll tell her she needs to be out on the road and ask if she knows where she can get a good backing band and then all of you can go!
:lol:

Most solo artists get hired-guns or studio flunkees to back them on the road... fewer percentages to calculate when dividing the royalty checks:mad:

• Members

Is Krissy still around? I havent seen you guys in ages so not sure what the lineup currently is.

Do you plan on getting a replacement or is YFC folding?

She's still around. Your question is currently being debated. My preference is to keep it as a sextet and forego replacing KQ. Our lead guitarist will step up and sing more leads and he and the keyboardist will add harmonies.

• Members

I am so happy for her and honestly believe that she can make a living at music in some capacity. She may not make millions per year, but I am certain that she will ultimately make enough money to pay her bills and live happily.

As for YFC, we're continuing but the format is still being decided.

• Members

I am so happy for her and honestly believe that she can make a living at music in some capacity. She may not make millions per year, but I am certain that she will ultimately make enough money to pay her bills and live happily.

As for YFC, we're continuing but the format is still being decided.

Plus, you'll get interviewed in the Vh1: Behind the Music- Katie Quick Episode.

Archived