Sold my XS800H, now what?

Cliff Fiscal

• 5 weeks later...
  • Members

I got an Eden ENX-260 and love the tone. I bought it mainly for recording and to use at small gigs or with PA if more is required. I have a Yorkville XM200 combo which is a decent little amp on it's own but I added a switch so I can disconnect the internal amp from the speaker and use it as a cab with the ENX. This way I can also switch back to the combo amp if the head should ever fail.

I was using a SansAmp DI for recording but sold it immediately because I prefer the sound of the ENX-260. At double the price of the SansAmp, it's way more practical and better sounding. It's got a Headphone out for practicing, makes a great recording DI, and can work as a gigging amp with an efficient cab (4 ohm 1x15) + great DI to PA if required.

And it's not much bigger than the SanSamp :-).

I'm currently thinking of exchanging it for a WTX-500 not that I really need to for now but just in case I ever need to drive more speaker.

• Members

I know, but speaker efficiencies kill any effectiveness of running two.

I tell ya, I have heard forumites rag on these amps every time they are mentioned. I have never had an issue with it. It is MONDO loud. and I am able to get great tonz outta it. I have ran it on two rigs, SVT 410Pro with a SVT-18e, and an 810e. Both would make your brain vibrate.

• Members

I tell ya, I have heard forumites rag on these amps every time they are mentioned. I have never had an issue with it. It is MONDO loud. and I am able to get great tonz outta it. I have ran it on two rigs, SVT 410Pro with a SVT-18e, and an 810e. Both would make your brain vibrate.

The M2000?

or the R1000?

:confused:

• Members

It depends on what two cabinets you're running. I find it hard to believe that head isn't loud enough for you.

It's plenty loud......I'm just looking to add some 10" speakers for some more higher end. The 2x15 is hearty enough......just lacks some punch and high end.

For some reason, with bass gear, I'm afraid to crank it up....in fear of blown speakers. :(

Archived