whiskey drinkers whats your poison?

jonathan_matos5

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Currently the only bottle of whisky in my possession. Bought as a birthday present. I keep it for special occasions - but I plan on having a bigger collection later in life obviously.

balvenie_doublewood.jpg

Good stuff. Also try the Macallan. Excellent single malts.

• Members

Here is another bourbon I hadn't tried until recently.

I like it quite a bit. I find it to be similar to Maker's Mark. (another fav of mine)

Bulleit Bourbon

S0046-2.jpg

That's good everyday sipping bourbon. I like it quite a bit actually and it's not that expensive like a lot of the single malts I'm fond of.

• Members

Currently the only bottle of whisky in my possession. Bought as a birthday present. I keep it for special occasions - but I plan on having a bigger collection later in life obviously.

balvenie_doublewood.jpg

I got a bottle of the 10yr in my decanter right now. It's good stuff.

Jameson 12 is a good smooth sip. MaCallan 12 at a local irish pub was about the sweetest I've had.

For mixing I go cheap, Black Velvet. Why waste good whisky with soda...

I'm going to try the Glenmorangie next, and I've heard the (non-islay) Trader Joes Single Malt is pretty good for $20-ish... You're all making me thirsty now...

• Members

I just recently got into whiskey, and have only tried a couple.

For cheap, so far I like Evan Williams. On sale it was only $15 for 1.75 liters, and really good at that price. I'm going to have to try others mentioned in this thread!

evan-williams.jpg

Try some Early Times - for a smooth, economical bourbon, it's tough to beat... I remember when Jim Beam *used* to be fairly cheap - those were good times...

- georgestrings

• Members

I'm mostly a beer man but do a few bourbon shooters now and then.A friend put me on to Wild Turkey's American Honey.I regard most blended drinks as weenie booze designed for the young crowd but I have to admit I've taken a liking to this stuff.Goes well up here with our Adirondack winters :thu:.

• Members

Try some Early Times - for a smooth, economical bourbon, it's tough to beat... I remember when Jim Beam *used* to be fairly cheap - those were good times...

- georgestrings

I'll check that one out - thanks for the tip.

I tried Jim Beam black label over the holidays. I liked it - but you're right - for the price it seems you can get something better.

Archived