steel toe boots?

jonathan_matos5

• Members

Red Wings are my fave overall. I owned a pair of steel toe pull-on work boots. I actually have a pair of work oxfords that I wear as dress shoes with khaki's. VERY durable and worth the $$. I have heard good things about Doc Martin's steel-toe shoes as well altho I've only owned the regular DM shoes.

• Members

i do realize that a steel toe boot is not going to be comfortable compared to my sneakers, but i just want comfortable compared to other steel toed boots.

I have a pair of Adidas steel-toed sneakers. Seriously. Very comfortable. My biggest complaint is that the toe will not fit under the shifter on the motorcycle, so I cannot wear them when riding. Again, very comfortable.

• Members

Been working at a petrochem facility for 20+ years and wearing steel-toed boots about 16 hours/day 7 days a week(they're all I wear). Been through many brands at all price levels...and I've also got hip arthritis which hates bad shoes. Current shoes for the past 8 years(and till my time is up):

1) Durashock-equipped

2) Medium height cut

3) Durable in water, mud, etc. but can shine up like a dress shoe

4) Can wear at band gigs

5) Can be bought at discount

These are what I wear:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200367248143

from this seller(not me, not a friend or relative):

http://shop.ebay.com/bargainsplusmore/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p4340

They last me about 3 years. If you buy 1 pair per year like I do, you end up with shoes for life after a few years. the newest pair gets only used for band gigs, going out with family, used as "dress shoes", etc. Right now I have 5 pairs(!) with the newest bought in Dec 2009.

Additional comments:

The WalMart brands make my hip and back hurt most. Shoes that let your spine take a pounding ALWAYS get pointed at(correctly) by sports medicine docs and chiropractors....they both are correct and thus Durashocks + shoes without rock-hard sole material are a must.

One high dollar brand, Wolverine Durashocks, that did not cause physical problems ended up cracking on the sole area at the ball of your foot(where the shoe flexes when you step) after about 9 months.

• Members

i've been wearing dakota brand ones. the boys at work all recently got these ones that look like running shoes but are apparently very comfortable. i'm looking into that new style in the next week or two as my clothing voucher has arrived. the ones i can remember the most clearly say tarantula rubber on them, but i still think they are a dakota shoe, just their non-slip sole ones. not bad, and fairly cheap

• Members

I'm on my second pair of Georgia boots, and they've both been very comfortable. But the best way to find boots (or any footwear) is to go to your local store and try them on until you find some good ones. Your foot isn't going to be exactly like my foot, so a different boot will probably fit it best.

Archived