So i just watched a Lady Gaga video for the first time.

Conformer

• Members

She's not a hack, that's for sure. People make a big fuss over her eccentricity - clearly they missed on '80's glam rock and haven't heard of goth/cyberpunk culture. So she's not exactly doing anything new, but is doing it mainstream.

Not my type of thing but I guess she's more bearable than most of the crap on the radio.

• Members

So i just watched a Lady Gaga video for the first time.

Dude, do you realize how old that joke is? Every gaga-hater and their brother has posted that same line on here to let everyone know that they dislike gaga.

Who cares????

:facepalm:

• Members

I'm interested to see what kind of staying power she has. To me Madonna always seemed very natural, she is who she is, did what she did because to her that is just who she is.

Gaga to me come off as intentional, not natural. She does weird stuff because she is supposed to, to maintain her weird-and-therefore-relevant card. Madonna, even in the height of her weirdness, still did normal things as the occasion dictated, where Gaga seems like she just can't sit and act like she's on the same planet lest someone out her as actually being a real person and not a living caricature.

• Members

I'm interested to see what kind of staying power she has. To me Madonna always seemed very natural, she is who she is, did what she did because to her that is just who she is.

Gaga to me come off as intentional, not natural. She does weird stuff because she is supposed to, to maintain her weird-and-therefore-relevant card. Madonna, even in the height of her weirdness, still did normal things as the occasion dictated, where Gaga seems like she just can't sit and act like she's on the same planet lest someone out her as actually being a real person and not a living caricature.

To me it's just the opposite. Madonna fancies herself as being some type of icon or genius while Lady Gaga seems to have her tongue planted firmly in cheek. :blah:

Archived