headless basses

jonathan_matos5

• Members

Love my Steinie fiver. Love it! Tbroom's four was what did it. It felt so perfectly comfortable to play and sounded great, I knew I had to get one. One of the best bass purchases I've ever made and I will never sell it. Plus I modded mine up and it's scary how badass it sounds.:evil:

• Members

Love my Steinie fiver. Love it! Tbroom's four was what did it. It felt so perfectly comfortable to play and sounded great, I knew I had to get one. One of the best bass purchases I've ever made and I will never sell it. Plus I modded mine up and it's scary how badass it sounds.
:evil:

prove it:poke:

• Members

I played varieties of steinbergers for a couple years and there are a lot of great things about them. I could just never get comfortable on stage with them. Fine during practice but live they impacted my ability to perform :)

They are great playing basses and the size is amazingly convenient.

The two problems I had;

1- they look funny and you always get comments. I was just a little self-conscious about the form.

2- The lack of a headstock means that sliding up to the first fret is a little awkward, so if you have to do it fast it's easy to screw it up in the heat of the moment.

note: If I lived in europe where it's more conventional I think I'd probably rock the headless again ;) I know that's silly but whatever.

• Members

Not mine, but a cool pic. Meh band

Datarock-Red.jpg

Wow... Didn't know they'd made it that far (to have gained an audience in the U.S. that is... They're Norwegian)...

As to the basses: I really liked the Steinberger they had for a while at my local store! I don't think I'd ever spend that amount of money on one, though, unless it's a Status.

Archived