Peavey Foundation = WOW

Spark

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
I think Rickenbackers are overhyped:idk:

I found it very uncomfortable to play, and I came into the store with high expectations from all the hype and all the stories and all the big bassists using them and I was saddly dissapointed.

I just got finished listening to some Yes.

I really want to play a Ric now. :love:

Never played one....

• Members
I just got finished listening to some Yes.

I really want to play a Ric now.
:love:

Never played one....

I couldn't find a comfortable place to put my thumb, the pickup cover was really irritating, the neck is ok but finished in laquer which I HATE. One more thing about the neck, its decent and then it just gets fat out of nowhere on the 1st fret. The sound was ok, it had alot of push-pull knobs that didn't seem to do much. I'm not hatin, that was just my experience...but you never can get a good feel for a guitar at a music store anyways.

• Moderators

I couldn't find a comfortable place to put my thumb, the pickup cover was really irritating, the neck is ok but finished in laquer which I HATE. One more thing about the neck, its decent and then it just gets fat out of nowhere on the 1st fret. The sound was ok, it had alot of push-pull knobs that didn't seem to do much. I'm not hatin, that was just my experience...but you never can get a good feel for a guitar at a music store anyways.

They're not for everyone. I find pretty much every other bass I play at least a little bit uncomfortable. Then I pick up one of my Rics, and it's like coming home.

• Members

I think Rickenbackers are overhyped:idk:

I found it very uncomfortable to play, and I came into the store with high expectations from all the hype and all the stories and all the big bassists using them and I was saddly dissapointed.

Different models have different feel. My old 4001 plays like a dream. Just a beautiful neck and fretboard on it.

• Moderators

Different models have different feel. My old 4001 plays like a dream. Just a beautiful neck and fretboard on it.

Definitely. I don't much care for the feel of my 3001, which feels almost exactly like a Precision, nor my 4004Cii, whose neck is too wide. The specs for the 4003 and the 4004Cii are the same for neck width at the nut (1 11/16"), so I assume that the current 4003's would have the same wide neck I dislike on my 4004Cii, the "chunky neck" many people say they don't like on Rics. None of my 4001's, my 4000 or my 4003 have that problem.

Archived