The New Squier Basses

Crisco

• Members

Since having to take over bass duties this past Sept. I have gotten to know two basses very well. The Squier Classic Vibe 60's Jazz bass and the Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar bass. After a set-up with string change/boomers and all adjustments they play great. The more you play them the better and tighter they sound, or maybe that's just me. Anyway I just had to show them off.

131.jpg

101.jpg

• Members

Sweet. I may be ble to score one of these in 2011. Been years since I've spent more than $50 on any gear. Just don't have the $$$, but I might swing it this coming year.

For a few months now my biggest GAS is for one of the CV P-basses or the VM Jag. Having real trouble deciding.

(I like the white pickguard on the Jazz, BTW, but the tort looks hot also.)

I'm a P player mainly. I really wish the CV P-basses came in something other than blue and red.

• Members

Sweet. I may be ble to score one of these in 2011. Been years since I've spent more than $50 on any gear. Just don't have the $$$, but I might swing it this coming year.

For a few months now my biggest GAS is for one of the CV P-basses or the VM Jag. Having real trouble deciding.

(I like the white pickguard on the Jazz, BTW, but the tort looks hot also.)

I'm a P player mainly. I really wish the CV P-basses came in something other than blue and red.

You should check out the Vintage Modified P-basses, the older white one and the newer amber one. I have the amber one and it's a killer bass. Here's a closeup pic:

IMG_0008.jpg

• Moderators

Since having to take over bass duties this past Sept. I have gotten to know two basses very well. The Squier Classic Vibe 60's Jazz bass and the Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar bass. After a set-up with string change/boomers and all adjustments they play great. The more you play them the better and tighter they sound, or maybe that's just me. Anyway I just had to show them off.

I'm considering buying the Jag and would love to hear more about your experience with it!

Both look great. :thu:

• Members

You should check out the Vintage Modified P-basses, the older white one and the newer amber one. I have the amber one and it's a killer bass. Here's a closeup pic:

IMG_0008.jpg

Yeah, I've had my eye on those, and that one is a beauty. Thing is, my only other P-bass (my only bass period at the moment) has a maple neck, so I'll be looking at something with rosewood.

Also, the one thing about the VMs I haven't liked nearly as much as the CVs are the necks. I haven't played the above model, but I've played the VM Jazz, the white VM P and the VM with the Tele pup nar the neck and while they all sounded good, I didn't care for the necks on them much at all.

The VM Jaguars I've played, though, felt a lot better.

One thing about the CV Ps is that I think I could deal with the sonic blue or fiesta red, but I think the red would look better with a white (or parchment or mint) pickguard while the blue would look better with the tort.

I'm actually pretty good at doing cheap refinishing jobs, but that's such a pain in the ass.

Tell you what would look hot to me: The VM Squier Jaguar in Shoreline Gold with the tort PG and matching Shoreline Gold headstock. Whoo boy.

• Members

I'm considering buying the Jag and would love to hear more about your experience with it!

Both look great.
:thu:

Thanks!

The Jaguar is a comfortable bass with great bottom end swing and the tone switches allow quick adjustment that is easy to manipulate.

The neck is easy to maneuver on and is tight and gutsy.

Both pickups have their own unique qualities and match up well when looking for that tone.

I really want the Jaguar to be my go to bass but the CV Jazz gets most of the attention.

But that is by no means the fault of the Jaguar -it is just simple fact that the Jazz bass lives up to the stories and then some.

Well worth the $299!

• Members

Thanks!

The Jaguar is a comfortable bass with great bottom end swing and the tone switches allow quick adjustment that is easy to manipulate.

The neck is easy to maneuver on and is tight and gutsy.

Both pickups have their own unique qualities and match up well when looking for that tone.

I really want the Jaguar to be my go to bass but the CV Jazz gets most of the attention.

But that is by no means the fault of the Jaguar -it is just simple fact that the Jazz bass lives up to the stories and then some.

Well worth the $299!

Tell me a bit ore about the neck. How does it compare both in profile and width to the jazz? I've been trying to find one of these to demo, but GC has been less than helpful as of late :mad:

• Members

Tell me a bit ore about the neck. How does it compare both in profile and width to the jazz? I've been trying to find one of these to demo, but GC has been less than helpful as of late
:mad:

The neck is very similar to the jazz. There is no having to adjust because they feel basically the same from the first fret up.

Only difference would be the fatter frets on the Jaguar-which makes it a bit easier to get around on.

• Members

Santa brought me a CV Squire P bass. Hands down the feel is old school and the finish is immaculate. The CV and every Chinese product I've seen in the past 3 or so years has workmanship that rivals old school Fender. The MIM and even AM Std's have fret ends that rub, but not the CV bass's, I'm very impressed. No question, get one.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

131.jpg
101.jpg

I really like the looks of that jaguar. Does it come with the bridge cover? I haven't seen any stock photos with it included.

Archived