I am the Thread Killer

T-40

• Members

Originally posted by Bonoman

It's just getting too damn bushy. I like that it's long again for the first time in years, but it's starting to go 'fro and that ain't good for anyone!

My hair doesn't do very well as anything other than pretty short. Just gets super curly on the sides and can't really do anything with it. My wife calls me a mad scientist when it starts getting too long.

• Members

Originally posted by niomosy

Hot. That's a point for Summer for me biggrin.gif I can finally walk around outside in the evening without a damn sweater on.

Not for me, man. Extreme weather is no good on either end of the spectrum. We just went from having the coldest winter in Toronto history and we are now officially in the hottest summer in Toronto history. To give you a clue, it's about 114F here today. It's hotter here than it is in Florida. There's something fundamentally wrong with that.

• Members

Originally posted by lug

http://users3.ev1.net/~woodd/haha.wav

I don't have speakers here at work, but I don't think I need them to know what that clip is. Laugh at me all you want - I remember back in 98 when you guys in Texas had that insane heatwave of 120 - 140 for about a month. I remember it because I drove through it. Man did that suck.

• Members

Not for me, man. Extreme weather is no good on either end of the spectrum. We just went from having the coldest winter in Toronto history and we are now officially in the hottest summer in Toronto history. To give you a clue, it's about 114F here today. It's hotter here than it is in Florida. There's something fundamentally wrong with that.

Heh. I recall hiking when it was 105F out. My friends had given up. My wife had given up. The dogs had given up and were diving for the first hint of shade they could fine. Sucks cause I was feeling strong that day. Oh well.

114 is pretty crazy hot. Even worse is that you guys typically get some pretty strong humidity as well. 90 and humid is one thing but 114 would just be nuts.

I guess it's just another reason I like Southern California. It's rarely insanely hot unless you're out in the desert and the winters are pretty mild. My house keeps the heat out pretty well also, which helps a lot. It was around 85 or so in the house even though it hit 101 outside. We haven't even hit the a/c yet this year.

• Members

Originally posted by niomosy

Heh. I recall hiking when it was 105F out. My friends had given up. My wife had given up. The dogs had given up and were diving for the first hint of shade they could fine. Sucks cause I was feeling strong that day. Oh well.

114 is pretty crazy hot. Even worse is that you guys typically get some pretty strong humidity as well. 90 and humid is one thing but 114 would just be nuts.

I guess it's just another reason I like Southern California. It's rarely insanely hot unless you're out in the desert and the winters are pretty mild. My house keeps the heat out pretty well also, which helps a lot. It was around 85 or so in the house even though it hit 101 outside. We haven't even hit the a/c yet this year.

I think I misrepresented. It's 114 with the humidity. It's only about 98 without it. Still, disgustingly hot. And being in the heart of downtown where it's all traffic and pollution and people doesn't help either.

• Members

I think I misrepresented. It's 114 with the humidity. It's only about 98 without it. Still, disgustingly hot. And being in the heart of downtown where it's all traffic and pollution and people doesn't help either.

Ahhh, one of those heat factor index things like the "wind chill" wink.gif

98 with humidity is still damn hot. I've wandered through Rome when it was in the 90's with high humidity and the wife wanted to kill me a couple of times wink.gif I think I'm just better at handling the high heat and humidity than her.

Oh well... time to run off to Fry's Electronics to pick up a gaming headset for my computer and maybe a USB keyboard for my laptop. It's a work-from-home day today biggrin.gif