I am the Thread Killer

T-40

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper

View Post

My neighbor just cut down a pine tree. He asked me if I want the wood (about a full cord once I chop it up). I'm gonna be getting into some serious wood tomorrow. biggrin.gif

You do know that pine isn't good to burn in chimneys.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by oldivor

View Post

eek.gif

It could have been worse. The work they were originally looking at doing would have had me going until some time Sunday afternoon. I'd have died. I did get some sleep before they started paging the hell out of me, at least. It helped. After the hike, I took a nice 3-hour nap wink.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by niomosy

View Post

It could have been worse. The work they were originally looking at doing would have had me going until some time Sunday afternoon. I'd have died. I did get some sleep before they started paging the hell out of me, at least. It helped. After the hike, I took a nice 3-hour nap wink.gif

thumb.gifthumb.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by oldivor

View Post

You do know that pine isn't good to burn in chimneys.

Yep. I also know how to clean my chimney. I remove the roof vent and drop a drag chain with a weight on it. Bang it around gently for a bit and hey presto! clean chimney. biggrin.gif

I'll cut the wood, stack it and let it season. It should be ready to burn by fall. I usually mix pine, fir, cedar with hardwood. I'd prefer to burn hardwood only, but 'free' is a good price for a cord.