I am the Thread Killer

T-40

• Members

Originally posted by oldivor

Nice nice, and wtf is a group W bench?

yar, back on dail up?

Nothing too much, just chilling. I NEED to order my books. redface.gif

'Tis but a reference to Alice's Restaurant.

Yep. I'm at my parents' house this week, and since I moved out of my apartment on campus, I lost my highspeed connection, unless I want to take my laptop over to the student center and sit around.

• Members

Originally posted by el_duderino676

'Tis but a reference to Alice's Restaurant.

Yep. I'm at my parents' house this week, and since I moved out of my apartment on campus, I lost my highspeed connection, unless I want to take my laptop over to the student center and sit around.

aahhhk.

>_>

<_>

I have a release of that, that wasn't released to the public.

Well sitting around ain't that bad you know. biggrin.gif Get a good book and some head phones and you're golden. smile.gif

• Members

Well, I am listening to some Bobby, but that just makes me even more tired than I already am.

I just hope that the phonecall I got this morning from the detective handling my mugging case will turn up something. I would hate to have woken up at 8:30 for nothing.

I find the Who or Motorhead wake me up in a snap.

You got mugged?

• Members

That is true. I could always listen to the nice Woodstock set I have. biggrin.gif

And yeah, I was mugged in broad daylight on a major street right in front of Taco Bell a few weeks ago. It's really strange, because I had to deal with that, being fired, finals, and moving all within a two week span. The only thing that the guy got that was of any value was the watch that my aunt and uncle bought me for graduation. He got my keys, a multitool, and my {censored}ty phone too, but I couldn't care less about that stuff. It could've been much worse though; if he would've taken my backpack, he would've gotten my iPod, my SM-57, my Line6 TonePort, my TI-83 calculator, and my wallet with my social security card, debit card, student and state IDs, and mypay card that had $53.27 on it, the entire sum of what I was paid for two weeks of working.

But, I'm alive, and that's all that matters.

• Members

That is true. I could always listen to the nice Woodstock set I have. biggrin.gif

And yeah, I was mugged in broad daylight on a major street right in front of Taco Bell a few weeks ago. It's really strange, because I had to deal with that, being fired, finals, and moving all within a two week span. The only thing that the guy got that was of any value was the watch that my aunt and uncle bought me for graduation. He got my keys, a multitool, and my {censored}ty phone too, but I couldn't care less about that stuff. It could've been much worse though; if he would've taken my backpack, he would've gotten my iPod, my SM-57, my Line6 TonePort, my TI-83 calculator, and my wallet with my social security card, debit card, student and state IDs, and mypay card that had $53.27 on it, the entire sum of what I was paid for two weeks of working.

But, I'm alive, and that's all that matters.

Ugh, robbers piss me off. At least you're ok.

• Members

Originally posted by Thumper

I'm off to rehearsal. Tonight I'm gonna check out the Brice 8er through the Traynor/Avatar rig on 'White Room. ' cool.gif

In the white room with black curtains near the station.

Blackroof country, no gold pavements, tired starlings.

Silver horses ran down moonbeams in your dark eyes.

Dawnlight smiles on you leaving, my contentment.

Ill wait in this place where the sun never shines;

Wait in this place where the shadows run from themselves.

You said no strings could secure you at the station.

Platform ticket, restless diesels, goodbye windows.

I walked into such a sad time at the station.

As I walked out, felt my own need just beginning.

Ill wait in the queue when the trains come back;

Lie with you where the shadows run from themselves.

At the party she was kindness in the hard crowd.

Consolation for the old wound now forgotten.

Yellow tigers crouched in jungles in her dark eyes.

Shes just dressing, goodbye windows, tired starlings.

Ill sleep in this place with the lonely crowd;

Lie in the dark where the shadows run from themselves.

cool.gif

• Members

{censored}ing hell, that will sound like a monster I'm sure. eek.gif

Waitaminute . . .

KEEP THE ON TOPIC {censored} OUTSIDE!!!!!

Thank you. biggrin.gif

It sounds like the end of the world. For the second take, my guitarist let me run his back up Marshall head (tube JCM of some sort) into my Avatar cabs...

eek.gifcool.giffreak.giflove.gif

We're doing a demo in Spring to shop ourselves around at local clubs. I think 'White Room' is a must-do...

• Members

Originally posted by Thumper

It sounds like the end of the world. For the second take, my guitarist let me run his back up Marshall head (tube JCM of some sort) into my Avatar cabs...

eek.gifcool.giffreak.giflove.gif

We're doing a demo in Spring to shop ourselves around at local clubs. I think 'White Room' is a must-do...

Geez. That much power and it didn't knock you on your ass. eek.gif

How does a T-40 sound through the Traynor, just out of curiosity?

• Members

Originally posted by oldivor

Yeah, I can understand about the focus thing though. I think a lot of companies and charities lose their focus because they grow so big and they just forget what they wanted to do in the beginning.

Network and then maybe get one closer to Romania eh? IIRC it's your wife from there? It would be pretty nice. thumb.gif

Yar yar, I have some Czech, Polish and Austrian blood in me. And sorry my ancestors had to complicate things. redface.gif

Doing now. thumb.gif

I'll try to listen 15 minutes or more. I think this will help my ear get used to it though. Hopefully I'll get used to it fast. Because school starts before too long.

That's a great idea. Do you translate it orally or do you write it out? Because when I used to do french I yused to translate stuff all the time and writing all of it down took alot more time. redface.gif

Yup, Mrs. Z is from Romania. But she'll be working Stateside for at least another year to get her L.C.S.W.

Have patience with the listening. It really takes active listening, and the material may well be over your head for awhile. Took me a couple months in Serbia in 1998 just to hear one word out of every twenty, sometimes one out of ten. I was also reading newspapers every day, which helped, because it was a lot of the same vocab.

I should clarify -- I don't listen and transcribe. I just listen (and to Serbian or Romanian, not Russian). smile.gif Actually, since I had to work my ass off all semester, I didn't listen at all for that entire time. frown.gif

The reading I do at breakfast works like this:

1. Go to BBC once every few weeks.

2. Select and print 3-5 stories on Russian domestic politics/affairs.

3. Prop up dictionary in a nice light stand I got from Barnes & Noble a few years ago.

4. Munch Total/Cheerios/Grape Nuts while flipping through a dictionary and writing small translations, and sometimes the word stress/accent, over the words I don't know. biggrin.gif

I like my Oxford Russian-English / English-Russian dictionary, but it's often leaving me in the lurch on some words that I have to guess at. And for some reason finding a better one (more words) on Amazon is harder than I thought it would be. mad.gif

By the way, the Group W bench is where they put you if they think you may not be moral enough to join the army. wink.gif