I am the Thread Killer

T-40

• Members

Originally posted by oldivor

I thought you guys quit?

we did for about 6 months.

Then we had the car wreck, roof on the house went to {censored}, Mrs. Tone found out she needed surgery for "female" problems.......... the stress finally got to me.

• Members

Had a nice Saturday planned. Head out early in the morning to the Exposition Park Rose Garden so baby Nio could look at the roses (she loves looking at flowers). Head back towards downtown to hit the flower market for the wifey & daughter and visit the fashion district (same spot) so I can hopefully get a shirt and tie for the wedding in Nov. They're all not too far from each other so it works out well.

We get down there. Parking's $25. Huh!? The signs have paper taped over the regular prices with $25 written in. I look around. USC fans everywhere. Crap. We get outta there to try and find parking elsewhere. The radio mentions USC is playing today. Crap. Bastards!!! mad.gif No rose garden for baby Nio. To top it off, the bastards won mad.gif

The rest of the day didn't really go any better. Got 10 minutes of actual browsing time before getting pulled back to the wife, who shops for some crap then wants to leave. She then drags us into Little Tokyo for lunch which turns out to be mediocre at best. Plus, LT isn't all that interesting after going there a few times. There's better Japanese markets elsewhere.

The wife thought that since the plans were shot, Little Tokyo might make up for it. Meh. Poor choice of spots to make up for stuff I was looking forward to. LT is boring.

To add insult to injury, she had us go to the Saturday evening church service mad.gif My daughter new what to do, though. A few minutes in, she gets fussy and daddy takes her outside to walk around thumb.gif Hopefully when she's older, she'll be sitting next to me at church reading her own book and ignoring the preacher just like dad biggrin.gif

At least we were home by 3 or so. I got a nice nap in (though I wake up to "let's go to church" mad.gif ) and even got to play some video games. Baby Nio did have a blast at the flower market, though. Her eyes were open wide and she was very excited to see the huge array of different flowers and plants all over the place. She really enjoyed that, as short as it was.

Sunday, sadly, was better. Woke up late. Went into work for a few hours frown.gif

• Members

Originally posted by 82Daion

^^^

Sorry to hear about it-at least your kid had fun in the end, right?

The best-laid plans....

Sadly, it's not an uncommon problem for us to get on each others nerves when traveling. It's definitely something we need to work on, seeing as how we're flying out to New York on Thanks-fricken-giving Day for a wedding that weekend freak.gif

Baby Nio's going to be 10 months old. Needless to say, we aren't looking forward to it.

• Members

Originally posted by niomosy

Sadly, it's not an uncommon problem for us to get on each others nerves when traveling. It's definitely something we need to work on, seeing as how we're flying out to New York on Thanks-fricken-giving Day for a wedding that weekend freak.gif

Baby Nio's going to be 10 months old. Needless to say, we aren't looking forward to it.

Bring a crapload of reading material, bring some music, and sleep.

That's how I survive on family trips involving flight.biggrin.gif

Honestly, though, I feel for you-men and trips just don't seem to be a match made in heaven. As long as I'm alone, I'm fine, but once you factor in having to deal with the logistics of 20-odd family members-I would rather have just driven myself.