I am the Thread Killer

T-40

• Members

Originally posted by Melanie

Arfternoon chums. How are we all?

A bit tired. I am in the process of joining you and Thumper in the ranks of "Trying to clout these little ingrates into shape", which is to say teacher education.

In other words, I've started first semester of a 2-year post-graduate master of teaching degree. Enrolled in 19 credits. freak.gif

It's playing hell with band practice.

niomosy - I'm comin' to LA this weekend...but I really, really regret that I don't think we'll have time to meet. frown.giffrown.gif To explain:

We get in way late Friday, the wife insists on going to the beach god knows where (maybe Venice) on Saturday, I have no {censored}ing clue what my relatives have in mind that day since we get out there so rarely (and the entire West Coast clan will be there, which is rare), except for some family dinner that Sat night, my cousin is getting married Sunday, and we leave Monday. And somewhere in there, my dad, whom I haven't seen in 6+ years for being a huge pain in my ass all my life, is showing up with his gf whom I think is a total, conniving bitch for reasons I won't go into. So figuring out when to meet him and gingerly re-establish face to face contact is going to be difficult. freak.gif

Oh, and I have no idea when I'm supposed to get bonehead school assignments done.

Suffice it to say that this isn't the "go to LA and meet niomosy and drink wine" fest I had in mind the last few years. banghead.gif

Please forgive me. I hope a rain check is OK?

I'm already wondering if I want to get on a plane at all...

• Members

Originally posted by Zamfir

A bit tired. I am in the process of joining you and Thumper in the ranks of "Trying to clout these little ingrates into shape", which is to say teacher education.

In other words, I've started first semester of a 2-year post-graduate master of teaching degree. Enrolled in 19 credits. freak.gif

It's playing hell with band practice.

niomosy - I'm comin' to LA this weekend...but I really, really regret that I don't think we'll have time to meet. frown.giffrown.gif To explain:

We get in way late Friday, the wife insists on going to the beach god knows where (maybe Venice) on Saturday, I have no {censored}ing clue what my relatives have in mind that day since we get out there so rarely (and the entire West Coast clan will be there, which is rare), except for some family dinner that Sat night, my cousin is getting married Sunday, and we leave Monday. And somewhere in there, my dad, whom I haven't seen in 6+ years for being a huge pain in my ass all my life, is showing up with his gf whom I think is a total, conniving bitch for reasons I won't go into. So figuring out when to meet him and gingerly re-establish face to face contact is going to be difficult. freak.gif

Oh, and I have no idea when I'm supposed to get bonehead school assignments done.

Suffice it to say that this isn't the "go to LA and meet niomosy and drink wine" fest I had in mind the last few years. banghead.gif

Please forgive me. I hope a rain check is OK?

I'm already wondering if I want to get on a plane at all...

No problem if you can't make it. I'll take that rain check. The wine will always be there wink.gif I'll drop you my number if you want. Strange things do happen. I don't think you'll make it either given your pretty chaotic schedule but I always leave a slim chance.

You won't by chance be in New York for Thanksgiving weekend or the Monday or Tuesday after will you? tongue.gif The Nio Family are there then for a wedding (yeah, great planning. Don't get me started).

When you do make it out or I make it out there, I'll be sure to have some very nice bottles of wine ready to go, though biggrin.gif

Beaches. Errr. What does wifey want out of the beach? Venice can be quite an entertaining place for people watching and such but for actual time on the beach.... eh. My money is on Manhattan and Hermosa beaches (their next-door neighbors) a bit further south. It's the spots where the L.A. AVP beach volleyball tournaments are. Always plenty of nice sites and cleaner sand.

• Members

Originally posted by oldivor

LAWL

eye 700k 7\/\/oy3arz d3 fr4/\/c41z rolleyes.gif

As a rather funny aside to our French discussion, I was playing BF2 with a bunch of Quebecians. Nothing like listening to BF2 in French freak.gif

I was pwning pretty well on there, though wink.gif

• Members

Originally posted by niomosy

No problem if you can't make it. I'll take that rain check. The wine will always be there wink.gif I'll drop you my number if you want. Strange things do happen. I don't think you'll make it either given your pretty chaotic schedule but I always leave a slim chance.

You won't by chance be in New York for Thanksgiving weekend or the Monday or Tuesday after will you? tongue.gif The Nio Family are there then for a wedding (yeah, great planning. Don't get me started).

When you do make it out or I make it out there, I'll be sure to have some very nice bottles of wine ready to go, though biggrin.gif

Beaches. Errr. What does wifey want out of the beach? Venice can be quite an entertaining place for people watching and such but for actual time on the beach.... eh. My money is on Manhattan and Hermosa beaches (their next-door neighbors) a bit further south. It's the spots where the L.A. AVP beach volleyball tournaments are. Always plenty of nice sites and cleaner sand.

Yeah, shoot me your number. Where are you relative to Woodland Hills (Van Nuys)?

Nope, not going near NYC on Thanksgiving, thankyouverymuch. wink.gif That does sound like some interesting Turkey Day planning... biggrin.gif

The wife saw Venice Beach in 2001 and likes the street characters / hippy atmosphere. The guy jumping off chairs to land barefoot in piles of broken glass may have made an impression from last time. biggrin.gif

In fact, I think I saw somebody playing bass with his toes there that trip.

Anyway, if she wants beach time that doesn't involve Venice, we'll probably hit that public thing next door to Malibu. Much more reachable / closer to where my uncle lives (hence the Woodland Hills question)...

Gotta run and get {censored} done. Like finding out what I can and cannot take in a carryon. mad.gif

• Members

Gotta run and get {censored} done. Like finding out what I can and cannot take in a carryon. mad.gif

Ahahahahahahahahahahahaha good luck with that. I made the mistake of carrying my solid-stick deoderant in my backpack. They almost cavity searched me until i told them about the taco bell i had for lunch.

• Members

Originally posted by bringtherock

Ahahahahahahahahahahahaha good luck with that. I made the mistake of carrying my solid-stick deoderant in my backpack. They almost cavity searched me until i told them about the taco bell i had for lunch.

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifthumb.gif

• Members

As a rather funny aside to our French discussion, I was playing BF2 with a bunch of Quebecians. Nothing like listening to BF2 in French freak.gif

I was pwning pretty well on there, though wink.gif

Well they do speak french so maybe they're not too far off biggrin.gif

• Members

Yeah, shoot me your number. Where are you relative to Woodland Hills (Van Nuys)?

Nope, not going near NYC on Thanksgiving, thankyouverymuch. wink.gif That does sound like some interesting Turkey Day planning... biggrin.gif

The wife saw Venice Beach in 2001 and likes the street characters / hippy atmosphere. The guy jumping off chairs to land barefoot in piles of broken glass may have made an impression from last time. biggrin.gif

In fact, I think I saw somebody playing bass with his toes there that trip.

Anyway, if she wants beach time that doesn't involve Venice, we'll probably hit that public thing next door to Malibu. Much more reachable / closer to where my uncle lives (hence the Woodland Hills question)...

Woodland Hills!? You will be in my neighborhood just about. I'm about a piddly 5 miles north. I'll pm you the number after I post this.

Ahhh yes, the hippy's and whatnot. If that's what she likes, Venice beach is perfect for that.

From Woodland Hills, you've got Santa Monica beach which isn't too bad going through Topanga Canyon. Otherwise, take the 101 West/North to Kanan, left on Kanan, right on PCH and you have access to Malibu and Zuma beach. Zuma's a slight bit further north than Malibu but more parking as well.

Yeah, don't get me started on the turkeyday planning. It was a combination of an excuse to get his family together easier and they somehow thought the long weekend would be easier for getting the nieces out. What they forgot about was holiday traffic, holiday air fare and holiday stress. To make matters more fun, we and at least my wife's older sister and family are all staying at one of their aunts who lives out in NJ. Yeah. Great. That's just going to create problems. I can already see it.

At least I'll try to have some fun on Black Friday and see if I can get a bargain or two on stuff. Hopefully they've got geek stores there tongue.gifbiggrin.gif

• Members

Man, all the shops selling water are going to make a killing now that you can't bring your own water. Like the bastards don't charge enough for that stuff already rolleyes.gifmad.gif

Oh you wish. You can't even take it on the plane...they ask you at the gate and take your word for it. Maybe they randomly search, but they say no liquids.

• Members

Originally posted by bringtherock

Oh you wish. You can't even take it on the plane...they ask you at the gate and take your word for it. Maybe they randomly search, but they say no liquids.

Even better. So you're basically stuck with the crappy amounts of water the airline are going to give you. Phht. I'm going to just hand them an empty 26 oz. sports bottle, smile and say, "fill 'er up". Then watch as my wife hands them a 32 oz. bottle and explains that if she doesn't drink enough water, she doesn't produce as much milk and/or gets dehydrated and since the baby doesn't take a bottle, it's breast feeding only for her.

biggrin.gif

• Members

Even better. So you're basically stuck with the crappy amounts of water the airline are going to give you. Phht. I'm going to just hand them an empty 26 oz. sports bottle, smile and say, "fill 'er up". Then watch as my wife hands them a 32 oz. bottle and explains that if she doesn't drink enough water, she doesn't produce as much milk and/or gets dehydrated and since the baby doesn't take a bottle, it's breast feeding only for her.

biggrin.gif

I hate flying...i think it's the whole "certain death if failure" thing that gets me. So in a weird way, all this security bull{censored} doesn't really bother me that much.