I am the Thread Killer

T-40

• Members

Originally posted by niomosy

*sigh*

My wife asks if I can help find some good airfare options for her sister and kids to fly out to NY for their other sisters wedding. Okay. I dig through options. They've got 4 airports to chose from so I'm searching a bunch of sites with options for them and highlighting the ones that would have them able to meet up with us so they can just get a ride from us.

The end result? The idiot husband buys 1-way tickets since they got dirt-cheap fares from somewhere in the LA area to JFK on Thanksgiving Day. The problem is that they're going to get raped on returning that Sunday. I've already looked into that. They were better off getting round-trip tickets.

Sometimes, I wonder why I bother rolleyes.gif

Don't bother. They'll get exactly what they deserve.

What, they can't do their own airfare searches?? confused.gif

• Members

Originally posted by Zamfir

Don't bother. They'll get exactly what they deserve.

What, they can't do their own airfare searches?? confused.gif

I asked that same question to my wife. In the end, my wife asked if I could just look for them rolleyes.gif

One day she'll learn.

In many cases, they don't really want my help, just the offer of it.

I know for sure that they want my help when I'm at their place and they place computers in front of me and start showing me the problem(s) mad.gifrolleyes.gif

• Members

Originally posted by niomosy

I asked that same question to my wife. In the end, my wife asked if I could just look for them rolleyes.gif

One day she'll learn.

In many cases, they don't really want my help, just the offer of it.

I know for sure that they want my help when I'm at their place and they place computers in front of me and start showing me the problem(s) mad.gifrolleyes.gif

Tell her that you continue to have faith in their competence to do what everybody else does, so why can't she? biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Same thing happens to my brother when he visits either one of my parents. Xmas vacation = er, can you tell me why the puter is acting strangely and won't talk to peripheral X or network Y... biggrin.gif

• Members

Originally posted by Zamfir

Tell her that you continue to have faith in their competence to do what everybody else does, so why can't she? biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Same thing happens to my brother when he visits either one of my parents. Xmas vacation = er, can you tell me why the puter is acting strangely and won't talk to peripheral X or network Y... biggrin.gif

It really does take constant reminding to my wife regarding her older sister and family. If I slip, I pay the price rolleyes.gif

My brother actually had me finish building a PC for him the day after he got married (they really couldn't afford to take a honeymoon so we all just met up for breakfast). They didn't have a monitor or anything so I couldn't actually test if it was working or not. Turns out, it worked but.... wink.gif

Yeah.. family....

• Members

Some days I wish I could just stay at home. Then I realize that the last couple of times I've called in sick, I just wished I was at work instead.

At Kaiser Permanente, they were running out of office space at their data center and the main IT building so they were asking for volunteers to telecommute. Not a lot of takers. A friend works there and jumped on it but started asking people why so few were taking it. Mostly, they wanted some time away from home.

At least I know I'm in good company.