Did the Guitar to Get Poon Thing Work?

Bones

• Moderators

Originally posted by Bones

C'mon. Be honest.

Yeah, quite a few times.

Probably has everything to do with self-esteem and confidence rather than music, who knows.

Terry D.

P.S. You sure don't get hooked up much being a soundman, I can tell you that! :D

• Members

Well, being a woman and straight, I never did play guitar to get poon. :D But I did meet most of the guys I've dated through playing, yes! :)

I do have a lot of guy friends who thought they were going to get laid a lot more than they did... but most of those guys seemed to play prog or something that chicks don't tend to like - they were lucky if any were even in the audience, let alone hitting on them. :D

• Members

> > Did the Guitar to Get Poon Thing Work?

{censored} yeah! all too well and for far too long.

however, in hindsight i wish it hadn't 'cause i didn't really learn how to play decently until it was um, absolutely necessary and way too late! plus there was WAY too much drama!

but now, much older, and not much wiser, i couldn't get laid even if i paid AND begged for it! :)

-d. gauss

• Members

Well, I never played guitar much, but the first time I experienced the power of sympathetic vibration on the female I was 16 and playing the piano for the sister of a friend of mine. I looked up from the keyboard and she had that wonderful look in her eyes. For the next seven years I enjoyed a nice number of girls who had that same look. Then I got married and we all know how little poon married guys get.

• Members

Well, folks, I'll let ya in on my Secret Weapon (seeing as that I'm married and faithful)....

(1) Learn to sing/play Harry Chapin's "A Better Place To Be"

(2) Make eye contact with "tonight's lucky recipient of your glee"

(3) Maintain eye contact with same.

I dare say no more, except that it worked often enough! ;)

• Members

funny story here.

I had this girl over one night and I had my amp out at the drummers house and the guitar was out there as well. I figured she just was game because I was in a band. So she stays the night that night and goes home. about 4 days later she comes back over again. same results but this time I had the guitar and amp set up in the corner of the room. she looks over and goes "I didnt know you played guitar" damn maybe she would have gone further had I told her the first time..

• Members

I agree with HerNextFriend (although with that name, you may be setting yourself up not to hook up).

It kind of happened once, I ended up kissing 5 different girls in one night after a gig. But the rest of the time, I just wonder where the willing women are that are supposed to come with being a guitar player.

I do think it has a lot more to do with your game/self confidence. I've been told I have no game. :o

• Moderators

Originally posted by jackcheez

Even with a name like Mr Knobs ?

I don't tell girls I've just met about my little birth defect. :eek:

If I get to know them better, there is a point at which it becomes obvious. :o

Terry D.

• Members

"Her Next Friend" is the name of the band I'm in. I don't really like it that much any more, although it was my idea...but we're stuck with it, at least for the time being.

I think it comes down to success. If you're in a successful band that is selling out big venues and moving a lot of units, my guess is that you would probably have a lot of options (in terms of women). But then again, that would probably be the case if you were successful at anything else.

• Members

My 28 year old marriage has definitely put a cramp into the picking up chicks thing, but I still manage to have a lot of innocent fun. A few months ago the barmaids at the local tavern decided to make a guitar player sandwich out of me during one of my leads onstage. Great fun!

Archived