my band set to sign with label.

boy#152

• Members

It depends on the length of the contract... if you're innit for 10 delivered 'records' then I'd want as much as possible up-front, 'cause that 10 records thang is never gonna happen.

If it's a two or three delivery thing, and there are options for increasing or decreasing your advance on deliveries 2 and 3, then you're probably doing pretty well.

As just a number out of context with the rest of the 'deal', it's kinda hard to say.

• Members

Originally posted by boy#152

Check us out below.

is $125K advance good?
:confused:

not bad....make sure that your "perk" contract includes the removal of all brown m&m's from the desert trays......and that all female (or in your case--->either) groupies come equiped with velvet mouths and no gag reflex :o

• Members

Somehow, I don't think boy is serious.

But if by some jolt of imagination he is... I need to quit music. Based on the clips on that page, if that is what is getting 125K advances these days, then I am truly out of touch.

Good luck.

• Members

Originally posted by squealie

But if by some jolt of imagination he is... I need to quit music. Based on the clips on that page, if that is what is getting 125K advances these days, then I am truly out of touch.

Good luck.

:mad:

Crazy Markita is an anthem for a generation, you putz!

:mad:

• Members

Originally posted by squealie

Good luck.

if he;s serious whoever thinks they'll even clear the advance never mind break even either has too much money or is stupid.

or both

• Members

not exactly my kind of tunes either.. but if got paid for it and it pleases you to play it, then "good-on-ya mate."

Having never been paid more that $500 (before the band split), I have no idea what is considered a good signing deal, advance, or whatever.

Aren't there entertainment lawyers or someone like that to talk to about this kind of thing? That should generate some feedback:D

• Members

Yeah, I don't wanna be negative here either but... I'm not too sure about this being a reality. I mean, I listen to those tunes and I think, "Sure, there's something there to work with" but they definitely do need work...

I guess that's what the advance is for. I don't know. I'm generally sold on tunes by the vocals, so... Yah.

Still, congrats if it's true- get ready to do some serious payback in the next few years :D

Archived