Q:What do you drink during the break~?

Andier

• Members

Depends. Some nights slightly cooled water; but I always use either bottled water or bring my own, as many towns around here have so much chlorine in the tap water that I can taste it, and it dries out the throat instead of wetting it.

Some nights a blend of orange juice and tonic water, no ice.

Many nights I'll have a couple of bottles of water and a Tequiza on stage. The Tequiza because it's about the only US beer I can stand not being ice cold.

• Members

Originally posted by HuskerDude

God, no wonder live music is so boring these days. I drink beer, or whatever shots I can get people to buy me.

:thu:

Yeah...I drink a beer...usually a light, refreshing wheat beer with a lemon squeeze if I'm playing.

Everything's a trade off. My singing probably sucks just as much whether I'm drinking water or drinking beer, and drinking lukewarm tap water isn't going to make an appreciable difference, so, beer it is.

But, as I started out the previous paragraph by saying, everything's a trade off...and my goal is to become just lightly (and I mean LIGHTLY) buzzed enough to lose some inhibitions without going too far and {censored}ing up my playing. So, I'll sip on a beer, maybe one a set for a couple of sets, and then go to Coke or diet Coke. Then, at the end of the night, either another beer or mixed drink, but just one, 'cuz I want to spend the night at home, not with a bunch of puking drunks in a cell.

• Members

I usually start with a light misting of 100% pure rainwater collected from the blue ridge mountains pressed between two leaves of some other bull{censored} which will undoubtedly make me sing better because I'm so special.

• Members

Originally posted by RoboPimp

I usually start with a light misting of 100% pure rainwater collected from the blue ridge mountains pressed between two leaves of some other bull{censored} which will undoubtedly make me sing better because I'm so special.

SPLRRRFFFFFFTTTTTT!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! :thu:

• Members

pint of lager.

ill drink from as soon as we're all set up and soundchecked to be told and sometimes ill even have a beer or two while setting up and sound checking.

i do drink alot so it doesnt affect me that much and even at that it's a much lighter session than if i was on a night out because i still have to perform well.

yes i sing and th eonly time i drink anythign else is tepid water if i have a sore throat.

• Members

Back in the old days before I got clean and sober (3 years now).. I would take 15 effedrin tablets and drink vodka and 7-UP.

Halfway through the gig I would need 15 more effedrin tabs and some weed to smoke and I was ALL GOOD!!!

Of course I did prefer quality cocaine to effedrin.. but I could never find any.. and the effedrin was a lot cheaper and lasted longer.

I did have a lot of fun back in those days.. thank God I don't live like that anymore.

Now I usually drink Diet Coke.

• Members

Originally posted by HuskerDude

God, no wonder live music is so boring these days. I drink beer, or whatever shots I can get people to buy me.

Har. I always have beer handy, unless we're last on the bill and I need to sober up to drive home.

BKslainte51206.jpg

At the same time, I also usually have several small cups of water, preferably not iced, onstage as well. I go back and forth betwixt them, and try to stay hydrated.

Shots are another matter entirely. After recent experiences, I've sworn them off. Just way too easy to get tanked on them.

slainte014_11A.jpg

Archived