WTF is it with other bands talking shit?

nerol1st

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I personally could care less about if any of the other bands suck or not. I have seen alot of metal bands open shows or play after us that are so loud and the vocals are so cookie monster that they kind of kill themselves with being {censored}e. They don't need me to tell them. And when my band is on stage it is our time, not anyone else's. I really don't want to discuss any other band but us on the stage. And for the record, there are {censored}talkers everywhere and they will always be talking about you or your band. Ignore it, play better and promote better.

• Members

I personally could care less about if any of the other bands suck or not. I have seen alot of metal bands open shows or play after us that are so loud and the vocals are so cookie monster that they kind of kill themselves with being {censored}e. They don't need me to tell them. And when my band is on stage it is our time, not anyone else's. I really don't want to discuss any other band but us on the stage. And for the record, there are {censored}talkers everywhere and they will always be talking about you or your band. Ignore it, play better and promote better.

+1

I feel ya on that one...

Musicians talk {censored} all the time. They can the most egotistical SOB's. I tend to keep myself humble. If they want to talk {censored} about me or my band, let 'em. If the audience is diggin' it, there's the proof in the pudding;)

• Members

+1

I feel ya on that one...

Musicians talk {censored} all the time. They can the most egotistical SOB's. I tend to keep myself humble. If they want to talk {censored} about me or my band, let 'em. If the audience is diggin' it, there's the proof in the pudding;)

I guess if you believe that your music is good, than it's better to be talked about than not. At least your getting some attention.

• Members

theres a band from a town near us that is not so great... but what they do is give the local kids what they want to hear. lots of breakdowns and {censored} so they can do their gay hardcore dancing. its agreed that this band sucks, but we dont say anything to their faces, and why? because when we play with them anywhere around their hometown, they bring all the kids, and the more kids, the more the word can spread about us. you just have to learn to bite your tongue sometimes to better your own band. plus... when you play with crappy bands, it makes you look all that BETTER HAHA!

Wait a minute...they bring the crowd and play what "the local kids want to hear," but they're the crappy band that makes you look better? :confused:

You might want to take a reality check.

• Members
Wait a minute...they bring the crowd and play what "the local kids want to hear," but
they're
the crappy band that makes
you
look better?
:confused:

Yeah.... I had me a big ole :freak: moment when I saw that.

• Members
Wait a minute...they bring the crowd and play what "the local kids want to hear," but
they're
the crappy band that makes
you
look better?
:confused:

That happens a lot in metal - seems to go with the hardcore in your face attitude.

The rationale seems to be "they're just leaving cuz they can't take how HEAVY we are!"

Or "Playing what people want to hear is selling out".

Anything but "what could we do better to draw and keep an audience."

• Members

Our standing rule is show nothing but love at the venue...
rag 'em once we're in the van til we get home...
never speak of them again.

And yes, we're mediocre. So we resemble that Napoleon thing you mentioned.

Archived